Government DEAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government DEAs

I'm not really sure I understand government DEAs. What benefit do you get from having one on a planet? Would I want one on each planet I control? Would my capitol planet be covered in government DEAs? Does their number effect how efficiently I can govern my empire?

Government DEAs do two things:

a) reduce unrest
    b) increase tax efficiency

Also, in order to take control of a planet, you must take out all Government DEAs on the planet.

Comment

Isn't reducing unrest the role of Recreation DEAs or do these DEAs overlap on that?

Comment

Military, Recreation and Government DEAs all reduce unrest. It's the sole purpose of Recreation DEAs, who typically reduce twice or more the number of points than the others.

Comment

Hard to think of government anything reducing unrest...unless it was politician's speeches putting folks to sleep.

Comment

Um, the military reduces unrest too. Both reduce unrest simply by having extra military presence.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnergoz
              Hard to think of government anything reducing unrest...unless it was politician's speeches putting folks to sleep.
              They tax you blind so that they can afford lots of guns to equip their police and soldiers and you can't afford one yourself. You may not be happy but you dare not revolt
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Also, the Government DEA would be where most of the people who agree with their government would congregate. Loyalists tend to live close to the object they're loyal to.

Comment

What is the minumum nuber of DEA's a planet can have? What is the maximum?
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Depends on the size of the planet. You can have as little as 3 regions (6 DEA slots) or as many as 12 (if I remember correctly) - 24 DEA slots.

You don't NEED a Government DEA on any planet, by the way. However, a Gov't DEA-less planet is easily conquered when invaded. You also lose the tax and unrest removing bonuses without one.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      What is the minumum nuber of DEA's a planet can have? What is the maximum?
                      IIRC, the number of possible DEA's per planet is (planet size * 2), therefore the minimum is 2 and the maximum 24.

EDIT: seems I may be wrong about the minimum. JonahFalcon, so there are no size 1 and size 2 planets?
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

The minimum is 2.
                        Last edited by JonahFalcon; February 23, 2003, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                        X