Multiplayer Session Scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Session Scheduling

This space is hereby instituted to set up massive multiplayer sessions of Master of Orion III. By massive I mean 7 or more human players.

Simply include:

a) your email or/and contact (ICQ/AIM/whatever instant messenger you use

b) a date and time

c) the TCP/IP location, or simply "GameSpy"

d) Game name

Question

Jonah,

Do you want people to post here if they are interested in joining a game - or only if they are interested in hosting games. I will delete this message (if possible) once you clue me in on that so as to not clutter up this space.

Plus, I know you are excited to play multiplayer and all, but you know, the vast majority of the world including my unfortunate self have not played the game at all. We will need some time to learn it first so I don't know if pre-release date is the best day to start this.

Finally, Jonah, I was thinking, from my limited knowledge of the game, it is important to include some computer races every game. This way races that have bonuses to diplomacy will actually get a use of them, since no human player is going to care whether you selected likable or not. Plus, they allow people who are losing to possibly pick up a computer empire (of course if they one this way it would not be legitimate) and keep going (at least among friends). Am I right in suspecting this to be the case?

Comment

For people to host the game.

We will need some time to learn it first so I don't know if pre-release date is the best day to start this.
      Actually, it'll only take a few days of solo play. Also, I learned stuff in MP that I applied later to solo.

Comment

I'm going to host a game on GameSpy starting at 8am(New York time) on Sunday March 2nd. It'll be called "A Can of Whupass, Opening of" We can discuss game parameters when people show up but lets try a game that'll be finished by say 3am Monday morning. OK?

Comment

If the review at Orion Sector was any indication, the idea of having ANY multiplayer play in the first WEEK of owning the game is quite frankly a 'no go'.

I'd be more than willing to join a multiplayer game such as this once I've had a chance to figure out what the hell I'm doing and perhaps get a handle on the game through a bit of single-player play.

But until that happens... no multiplayer. It sounds like it would just be a confusing waste of time until we have a clue what we're doing
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

not only that but The Orion Sector has a dedicated MP system for just this purpose. why clog the BB any more?

Comment

I might be willing to play, the only this I am a newbie to MAster of Orion 3, so I need to get to know the game first before I play humans.
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by leiavoia
                not only that but The Orion Sector has a dedicated MP system for just this purpose. why clog the BB any more?
                Well, it might be easier for me to link up with some people I've known on Apolyton for a while than even using the OS multiplayer pages.

That said, I've been entered into that Orion Sector system for a loooooong time waiting for the game to come out.

You guys have done a great job with that and a lot of other things. I'll probably start frequenting the Orion Sector even more than before after the game comes out
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                X