Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the variable interest rates be turned off even if the timer is on? I'd like to avoid having to choose between "Being able to chat once I'm done with the turn, with the Timer on" and "getting the best possible interest rate".

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain

I thought that was out?
      I thought that it was out too, but there's a lot of discussion of it lately.

Comment

Ah well we'll seen soon :=)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

bah set timelimit to 1 minute and noone will end his turn at his will ;=)
          Big problem with this.. the timer doesn't count when you are watching battles.. Of course you could try and enforce a level of common courtesy and dont play with (can you boot??) anyone who feels the need to watch 3+ combats a turn.. Right there's 15-20 minutes you possibly could be waiting for.. I personally refuse to play multiplayer if this is the level of hell I'd have to endure.

Comment

In Lan you can always watch the battle too ;=)

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidyne

Well since the AI can run planets better than any of us can--- And can fight tactical battles better than we can---And can auto colonize..

Not like we'll need much time for turns. Just need to tweak a few sliders, do some diplomacy, design ships and move them to find all the starlanes.

-P
              You make it sound really boring

I plan on being better at running planets than the AI

Comment

Completly forgot and hope some1 knows/tested this:
                What about Lan? Does only th e Host need a CD *hope*
                or does it return to' wait till its cracked so i can play with Pal's on Lan's ' games

Comment

Well since the AI can run planets better than any of us can--- And can fight tactical battles better than we can---And can auto colonize..

Not like we'll need much time for turns. Just need to tweak a few sliders, do some diplomacy, design ships and move them to find all the starlanes.

-P

If that is true why would I even buy the game. Is it even a game?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick

If that is true why would I even buy the game. Is it even a game?
                    Thats the question I keep asking myself. Read this thread:

www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266885

Comment

Does any1 know the answer to my Question?

Comment

Thats the question I keep asking myself. Read this thread:

www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266885
                        did you forget to read the entire post? or did you just read tha part that said "leave the micromanagement to the AI" part when what you should have really read was "leave the micromanagement tot he AI when you first begin to play the game" Elham said there was a learning curve, and that the game was so complex that you can't do everything right correctly the first time out of the gate. I say GOOD. I want a complex game

Comment

ahh well got it answered elsewhere..

Comment

ahh well got it answered elsewhere..
                            Care to let us in on it?

Comment

I've heard you can simpy copy the 2nd CD into some folder, then it will no longer ask for it to play. No cracking involved
                              Also the Cd is protected by uhm Safeguard if I remember correctly and that can my Burner handle ;=)

Comment

Originally posted by sfsuphysics

Big problem with this.. the timer doesn't count when you are watching battles.. Of course you could try and enforce a level of common courtesy and dont play with (can you boot??) anyone who feels the need to watch 3+ combats a turn.. Right there's 15-20 minutes you possibly could be waiting for.. I personally refuse to play multiplayer if this is the level of hell I'd have to endure.
                                From what I've read, you can set an upper limit to the number of combats a person can fight, not sure if that includes watch, but I suspect that it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X