How do I patch MOO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I patch MOO?

Hi. I do not know how to patch 1.3 to MOO in WInXP. I would appreciate very much if you know.

Cheers,

Matthew Outland

I must admit I have not applied the patch in a long time, but I have applied other DOS game patches in XP.
    What is the format, is it in a self extracting exe? Does it have a wrapper DOS4wg or whatever it is called?
    One way I would think is to copy it into the directory of MPS/ORION. The use the prompt to open a dos window and cd to the directory and run it.
    Attach it here if you have a problem and I will look at it.

Comment

Here is the site I downloaded it from:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

What I tried was trashing(and untrashing) various files. But this is hard to do because I do not know exactly what replaces what.

It also says to reconfigure through install, but I can't figure out how to get to these files from install!

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewOutland
        What I tried was trashing(and untrashing) various files. But this is hard to do because I do not know exactly what replaces what.

It also says to reconfigure through install, but I can't figure out how to get to these files from install!
        I downloaded it and it is just replacement files. I would say if oyu have install Moo already at the unpatch level, then you should be able to unzip this and copy it into the MPS/Orion directory and let it replace those file.
        Run INSTALL again and RECONFIGURE.
        If all are in the directoty you should have a shortcut to INSTALL,exe, if not make one. The DBL-clk the shortcut and install. Install will then do a reconfigure.
        You will need to have 570K, I think more for sound, but I forget.
        Reconfig sets the IRQ, DMA for sound and selects keyboard/mouse.

Comment

Ah. Thanks. I figured out what to replace, I was replacing files in the game instead of the installation. I also need reconfigure info, but you just gave that. Thanks. DOn't know why I couldn't figure this out earlier.

Comment

GOD DAMN IT. Now it says diplo exceeds number of defined records or something. I dunno what that means, but oh well! Thanks for your help. I'll see if I can figure this.

Comment

Have you looked on GoneGold.com for the patch. I downloaded the MoM 1.31 patch from several different places and the best patch was there. It actually had the original readme.txt file with it that gave step-by-step instructions on installing the patch.

Comment

What was the level of the game before the patch? As I recall they had more than one patch.
                If it is a problem, try Undedogs or one of those sites, I think they have a downloadable 1.3 version.
                Last edited by vmxa1; February 20, 2003, 14:27.

Comment

Working...
                X