No announcement yet.

Let's speculate, what could the Ithkul be or not be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not happy with Apolyton's decision either but I'm not sure I'll hold it against them TOO much. They run a nice, fairly successful website here but I wonder how nice it would be if IG decided to mobilize Lawyer Task Force's One and Two with the freshly researched Evil Litigation Cannon and the dreaded Digital Millennium Copyright Act Neuron Blaster against the capital planet.

Comment

There's not squat IG could do to this site just because someone posts Ithkul spoilers. It could easily fall under "Reviewing" and like clauses of fair use...

Comment

Do you know what the DMCA is? There's no such thing as 'fair use' anymore. Or, I should say, the little there is left is being quickly whittled away. Be afraid of the DMCA; be very afraid.

Comment

It's reasonable to be afraid of the DMCA, it is dangerous. But it is (yet) a purely American law, and Apolyton is owned by a Greek and a Canadian, right?

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
            It's reasonable to be afraid of the DMCA, it is dangerous. But it is (yet) a purely American law, and Apolyton is owned by a Greek and a Canadian, right?
            I wonder if the Byrne Convention agreement binds other nations to honouring the Americans DMCA?

-P

Comment

Well, if an Aussie can sue an American publication for slander over an article that wasn't in circulated in his country, I'd guess an American company would sue a Greek, Canadian, or a Darlock no matter where they came from or why. All in the spirit of free trade!

Comment

They can sue all day long, as long as they aren't foolish enough to set foot on American soil (and who would these days?) and their governments don't extradite their citizens, it doesn't matter.

And do you really think international conventions are worth the paper they are written on? Bush has shown us how to treat them.

No, Ithkul spoilers are completely legal. They are suppressed due to blind loyalty and obedience, not laws.

Comment

If they were going to sue they would have to show damages. Good luck with that. Lawyer task forces may have the nasty weapons but they have zero ammunition.

Comment

Everyone forgets that there weill be otehr games and other secrets. As Jonah said, dont fear the company, but fear being frozen out by the company. Allowing the continual existence of the Ithkul htread is not a way to foster future relations.
                    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

So kiss IG's butt and don't hold to any sort of principles like journalistic integrety or freedom of speech!

Comment

Hey, if it were my board and Rantz or Chantz politely asked me to please delete spoilers until the game is released in a few days, I would do it. This isn't about free speech, this isn't about IG or QS cracking down on people. This is about Poly keeping a good working relationship with IG and QS.

Plus, anyone can find the Ithkul spoilers if they just go looking for them. It really is very easy. Look, IG wanted to keep the Ithkul as a surprise for when the game was released, not for some underhanded reason or to "exert their control" over things. Where is the harm in that?

Remember, posting on this board is a priviledge, not a right.

@Ghostbear: "IGMOO Nazis" is waaaay out of line.
                        Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

You can simply pick up the Strategy Guide and read page 14.

But the real spoiler are the BUNNY SLIPPERS.

You'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by viciouscycle
                            Hey, if it were my board and Rantz or Chantz politely asked me to please delete spoilers until the game is released in a few days, I would do it. This isn't about free speech, this isn't about IG or QS cracking down on people. This is about Poly keeping a good working relationship with IG and QS.

Plus, anyone can find the Ithkul spoilers if they just go looking for them. It really is very easy. Look, IG wanted to keep the Ithkul as a surprise for when the game was released, not for some underhanded reason or to "exert their control" over things. Where is the harm in that?

Remember, posting on this board is a priviledge, not a right.

@Ghostbear: "IGMOO Nazis" is waaaay out of line.

Making a race a mystery is like the friggin "Mystery Action Figure" from Return of the Jedi. (Turned out to be Admiral Ackbar.) It's a "why bother". A "surprise" for everyone to look at the race selection screen, and possibly an early diplomatic animation... woo hoo.

Protecting things you actually have to work for like the X's, and "other surprises" makes sense. THATS about making us want to PLAY the game.

The Harvester boom-bah seems more about getting us to PURCHASE and LAUNCH the game. And since one of our main contacts is a ART director, he'd want to make sure its pretty pictures so that we see the part of his work he is proud of.

I think, honestly, its the Harveys are a sound concept. The graphics I have seen are something an art director can be proud of. (Though honestly, I find their sight having no effect on me other than making me lose whatever appetite I have, everyone IS an art critic.) But if they are the quintessential tease for the game... well thats a waste of ~$50USD for all of us.

If the real mysteries are out there and you have to actually look and find, (like wtf the X's do), and the gameplay is good--- Right on. Heck if I am really caught off guard by something I might just try to send a few QS guys a small tip.

-P

Comment

B-U-N-N-Y

S-L-I-P-P-E-R-S.

Comment

Working...
                              X