Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE say it ain't so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE say it ain't so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In one of those threads on the official forum someone said that each species gets ship models not each race.
    Meaning that the 3 saurians species share ship models , humanoids share ship models etc......... PLEASE say that isn't true
    Can any BT or reviewer tell me this is wrong ? If it's true I think I'll have to pass on the game no matter how long I have been waiting for it to come out. I await answers with fingers crossed..

Let me get this straight. You will not play a game because there are only 8 sets of ship models instead of 16? Combat is only one aspect of the game. The depth and complexity of the various aspects of the game is why I am going to give this game a shot whatever happens between now and next week. The system requirements are so low that any expectations I had for the graphics have been reduced to rubble for a long time. For eye candy with marginal gameplay try IG's other release, Unreal 2.

That said, to each their own.

Comment

Well think of it this way. Would I want to play a Star Trek game where the Federation and Klingons were running around in the same ships or a Star Wars game where the Empire was flying around in Falcons ? To me , who happens to enjoy space combat along with all other combined aspects , it is a major turn off.And ,if true, will most likely decide whether I get it or not. Not looking for eye candy just a proper sight for my eyes.

Comment

Yes, it's true. Sorry to see ya go.

Comment

Oh well IG has gotton enough of my money lately anyway. All that waiting for nothing

Comment

you can't tell 'em apart at the height you view them at anyway. quit whining

Comment

Ya know what? Let him whine. If he's going to go through all the trouble of registering on a board to complain about something trivial that will hardly be noticed in-game more than a couple times, let him.

My bet is that this guy totally buys the game within two weeks.

Comment

No whining would be " wah wah how could they do this, now it will suck when I play ". I simply asked a question about a feature and expressed that if said feature was missing I really didn't have continued interest in the product because that feature mattered to me.

Comment

I could put it another way - Moo2 had absolutely no differentiation between races and ships. silicoids could have any model they chose.

So the star trek analogy is invalid. Heck, it's only made valid by MoO3 - before this, all models were available to everyone. Now at least the races get different models from each other. Given that they're all from similar genetic stock, doesn't actually make sense to the backstory that they'd have very similar ships?

Furthermore, there are at least as many models of ships as there were in MoO2.

Finally, most of the time it's an impossible detail to tell. It's like complaining that fighters all used the same model in MoO2.

So yeah, while it's important to you, it's a whine. It's a trivial little detail that adds nothing to gameplay. If it bothers you that much, e-mail the developers and tell them why.

Comment

AKA whining

Comment

Originally posted by kalbear
                      My bet is that this guy totally buys the game within two weeks.
                      They always do

Comment

It takes all kinds...

Comment

Heffer,

Hope you will at least try the game, especially if it gets good reviews after it is released. Maybe an avi will be released of a combat scrimmage and you'll see how little the ship graphics influences the game experience.

Comment

quit whining
                            and please dont appoint yourself as the "whiner's police"

take an example from rhofman....
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                            X