Moo3 & Wal-mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo3 & Wal-mart

So...there I was...in my third wally world of the day(as a District claims manager...I visit eight different wallys...) anywho....I wandered down to the "security room" where all the electronics are held(mostly overstock...but some new items) and I peer in through the wire mesh and lo and behold on the middle shelf sat a box that said fruit on it(it also said hold for new releases). Fruit , I say to myself..mmm(I was hungry).....but even better...new releases...I stop a passing Asst. Mngr and have her unlocked the door for me(they really have no idea what my job is...they see District manager on my shirt and do whatever I say...which is cool ) Upon closer inspection of said box it has a release date(wallys all release new games, music, dvds, etc...on tuesdays...so new things get held till then) of Feb25th on it and laying in the box were 3 copies of Moo3....no lie kiddies...plain as day...laying there...waiting....sigh.
    Anyway....1 of the 3 wallys I visited has Moo3 just sitting there...waiting patiently for Feb 25th ....a tuesday.

Spock~
    "And that, my friends, sucks goat ass." ---Venger---

...... So. The conspiracy threads on igmoo are true then, hmm?
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Re: Moo3 & Wal-mart

Originally posted by Spock
      (they really have no idea what my job is...they see District manager on my shirt and do whatever I say...which is cool )
      Haha... good job?

The plot thickens.

Comment

Re: Moo3 & Wal-mart

Originally posted by Spock
        So...there I was...in my third wally world of the day(as a District claims manager...I visit eight different wallys...) anywho....I wandered down to the "security room" where all the electronics are held(mostly overstock...but some new items) and I peer in through the wire mesh and lo and behold on the middle shelf sat a box that said fruit on it(it also said hold for new releases). Fruit , I say to myself..mmm(I was hungry).....but even better...new releases...I stop a passing Asst. Mngr and have her unlocked the door for me(they really have no idea what my job is...they see District manager on my shirt and do whatever I say...which is cool ) Upon closer inspection of said box it has a release date(wallys all release new games, music, dvds, etc...on tuesdays...so new things get held till then) of Feb25th on it and laying in the box were 3 copies of Moo3....no lie kiddies...plain as day...laying there...waiting....sigh.
        Anyway....1 of the 3 wallys I visited has Moo3 just sitting there...waiting patiently for Feb 25th ....a tuesday.

Spock~
        I'm sorry I really don't think this guy is a "District claims manager" for "Wally world". DO YOU REALLY. COME ON. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Comment

"I'm sorry I really don't think this guy is a "District claims manager" for "Wally world". D"

Why not? Its not outragous claim, they probally have hundreds of them

Comment

Who ever heard of vulcans working for wal-mart?
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If this is true (And I have no info one way or another) then many Wal-Marts will have the game on the shelves for at least a bit this Tue (They always screw up in some places and put stuff out on the wrong day).

Sammual - Master of X Fanatic

Comment

Three whole copies...? For an entire store? In the security section?

The only equivalent place I've worked at was CompUSA...we just let the boxes sit in a corner of the warehouse, with big signs "don't set out until X date per manager"

I suppose it's possible...gotta give all the retailers an equal shot...but in another incarnation, when I managed an independent software store, I know the distributors could care less about us independents...the big chains got stock and released new product before we ever had any in store...so my experience is the "equal shot at initial sales" theory lacks credibility because not all retailers are equal...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnergoz
                  I know the distributors could care less about us independents...the big chains got stock and released new product before we ever had any in store...so my experience is the "equal shot at initial sales" theory lacks credibility because not all retailers are equal...
                  The large chains sometimes get away with releasing before the release date because they are, well BIG chains. Not many distributors are willing to forgo the sales of Wal Mart because Wal Mart released the games 4 days early.

Supposedly, one distributor did though, I remember Wal Mart not getting a specific software release because they had released a previous product a week early and the company told them thay all of the other chains were threatening to ignore future release dates if the situation wasn't brought under control.

Isn't the music and software in Wal-Mart stocked by independant distributors though? I didn't think Wal Mart actually stocked those sections themselves.

Comment

Oh.... somebody just post that you bought it when and if you see it and it's on the shelves... until I see that, I'm not going to worry about this
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

You know? That would seriously suck if true. Becaus eit means Moo3 will be on the shelves of Wal-Mart a day before Software Etc and I've already pre-purchased the game at Software Etc, and they say game is gonna ship on the 25th so we can't put on shelves until the 26th...

Comment

I went into EB Saturday, and the guy was actually suprised that MOO3 was being released on the 26th.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Hmmm, what Spock says seems to make sense. They'd want all stores to have them at the same time for region-wide simutaneuous release. That way, most stores will get hit evenly.

Comment

Working...
                          X