No announcement yet.

pc.ign.com ign review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. Where it gets frustrating is when it doesn't save the state of the Sitrep; so when you reload a saved game and hit the spacebar to see the Sitrep, you only get a blank screen. That Sitrep screen can be very handy when you're processing dozens of developments all over your empire, and I've come to count upon it to clue me on the "state of the game."

Now, I'm I understanding that sometimes the sitrep does not
    show up even when you save the game at the next turn?

Comment

Yep. According to the reviewer, when you reload the saved game the sitrep is gone, which is very annoying. He got around it by taking a printscreen of the sucker.

That's a bug, right there, but again, not a big one.

Comment

Last edited by RolandtheMad; February 15, 2003, 14:31.

Comment

looks like MoO3 is a great game then, at last
          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by kalbear
            Yep. According to the reviewer, when you reload the saved game the sitrep is gone, which is very annoying. He got around it by taking a printscreen of the sucker.

That's a bug, right there, but again, not a big one.
            I don't necessarily agree that it's a bug...more likely a deliberate design decision, perhaps an oversight...but I doubt it's a bug in the traditional meaning.

Could it have to do with the save game file sizes? Or with MP? I never play MP and have no idea...can you even interrupt an MP game and come back to it?

Comment

When you reload a saved game the... Sit... rep... dis... a... ppears...?

*sigh*

I kinda hoped they were gonna catch stuff like that... but s'ok, it won't break up the flow much for me, unless I find myself save/reloading a lot (which would be my own problem).

I'm glad the reviewer enjoyed the game, it bodes well

Comment

The reviewer didn't appear to just enjoy the game. The reviewer sent his review in, went and defended it against the hungry hordes of IGMOO, went to sleep, defended it some more and went back to playing the bastard.

Now that's some love.

It's a bug. It might not be something that's broken, and in theory it's by design, but it's not correct or intuitive behavior; the game is losing information when you save, and that's bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbear
                  went and defended it against the hungry hordes of IGMOO
                  That's not just love, that's bravery of the first order!

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                    When you reload a saved game the... Sit... rep... dis... a... ppears...?
                    Its an unintended feature!

BTW - A new AAR

This ensures I`ll never have Orion Presidency on as a victory condition.

Comment

Originally posted by RolandtheMad

This ensures I`ll never have Orion Presidency on as a victory condition.
                      Yeah no kidding.

Comment

[Turn 220]

I have lost!

By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by RolandtheMad
                          Oh why, why are these things left out? If you have to betray your allies to win the game why have allies to begin with?
                          Game's called 'Master of Orion', not 'Master of Orion and all his tag along allies.

Comment

Whether or not you want to turn off the Senate Victory option will probably depend on the other settings at the beginning of the game (i.e. your species, size of galaxy, etc.) and whether or not you start the game as a member of the Senate. If you start out in the Senate, I believe you will have a much better chance of thwarting any other players' attempts at Senate Victories.

And I suppose that if you have the "Starting Senate Member" trait set to random for the species you're playing, then you could just keep restarting until you get a game where you start out in the Senate. But that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?
                            Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnergoz
                              Could it have to do with the save game file sizes? Or with MP? I never play MP and have no idea...can you even interrupt an MP game and come back to it?
                              Yes you can. You can even switch the players around, have AIs take over human empires or have humans take oven an AI empire. Useful for when someone can't make it or when a new player wants to join. Or when you just want a change around.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrenown Game's called 'Master of Orion', not 'Master of Orion and all his tag along allies.
                                I know you`re trying to be funny but this really irks me. Another game of shallow allegiances and allies of convience. Why can`t the Master of Orion be the Human-Nommo alliance, or the Humans and their assorted fiefdoms?

Comment

Working...
                                X