Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Impressions of MOO3 on Penny Arcade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions of MOO3 on Penny Arcade!

Hey all. This is my first post here. As a quick introduction, I am a computer science graduate student and a huge fan of MOO1 and MOO2; I have both running on my Win XP Professional machine, let me know if you have any problems and I'll see if I can be of help.

Anyway, on to the real point of my post. Over at Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com), a webcomic about video games, one of the two authors, Tycho, has posted his impressions about MOO3. He's logged 15 hours so far, and seems to really enjoy the game. Now, for those who don't know, the authors of Penny Arcade are fairly jaded gamers, so I tend to believe them when they actually like games.

Check it out, there's something interesting info there. Personally, I can't WAIT for MOO3, and Tycho's impressions have me even more excited. I highly suggest you go check it out!
    Last edited by Silellak; February 12, 2003, 14:09.

They did a webbroadcast interveiw with a QS programmer for MOO3 last night.

seems like the more they play the game, the more they like it....his main concern was that the very steel learning curve would drvie people away before the figured out how great the game is.

Comment

we have our own resident Moo3 owner to torture us with glimpses of the game. His holding it over our heads is enough as it is, seeing other people talk about the game is just asking for more anxiety attacks, grey hair, and pulling of hair.

Comment

A quote:

* I think Quicksilver has balls. Balls, balls, and more balls. Balls of varying sizes, a collection of balls throughout the ages that look nice on the mantelpiece. This is the sort of game that gave the PC its reputation for depth of strategy.

lol!!

Comment

Wow, it's cool to see how much press Moo is getting. I (sniff) remember when I loaded you from floppy disks (sniff)... It seems only like yesterday...

Comment

I like it when people say they "only" had 15 hours under their belt so these were first impressions. With 15 hours of games like Dungeon Siege under my belt I had seen everything there was to see, nearly completed the game and was bored so rigid I tossed it to the back of the cupboard to collect dust.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I remember the games I played so much on floppy disks that I had memorized all of the sounds the floppy drive made and how much longer till I could actually play the game......From Alternate Reality way back then to now......whew! what a rollercoaster.......

Comment

I've just read his funny comments too, and I sense he seems to corner quite well the game: gameplay+++ ( of course we all know how the complexity and the learning curve should not be that attractive to the "1-hour RTS addict"...); we're talking about months of learning here. On the other side, I'm almost scared about his "four-eight-six" thing for the graphics ( the 386-486 era is before MoO2!) Ouch Ouch.....I don't care that much IF the gameplay is actually no less than exceptional/revolutionary, and a little bit more voiceovers than Civ III ( in which there are none...)
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Funny but I was actually thinking when I saw the Civ 1 quote on Apolyton that I actually really miss the sense of anticipation it built up chugging away as it formed the planet. The sort of anticipation you don't get from a glossy cutscene that you can click-escape out of.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

It's a pretty funny review. It just makes me wish even more that the game was out. It also makes me wish that some other game publisher had this game, as we could be playing it now.

Comment

I wonder how the Apolyton people really feel...we keep hearing third party comments...I just want a mod to come out and say...

"It f-ing ruled!" Like us people will prolly say
                      Veni, vidi, vici.
                      [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                      -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Working...
                      X