MOO 1 Where is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO 1 Where is it

I've found a number of places on the web where I can download the original version of Master of Orion. Unfortunately, the versions that I've found are designed to run on DOS.

I'm running on windows 2000 professional. Does anyone know where I can find a version of Master of Orion that will run on my OS?

If so I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Greg

As far as I know, the DOS version is the only version available.

As for getting it to work on Windows 2000 professional, this has been discussed before in several threads. Try the advice in

It worked for me.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: MOO 1 Where is it

Originally posted by gregalizer
      I'm running on windows 2000 professional. Does anyone know where I can find a version of Master of Orion that will run on my OS?
      If so I will greatly appreciate it.
      Thanks,
      Greg
      The DOS-version is definitely the only one. When MoO 1 came out there wasn't even Win95 I think and of course no win2000 prof. I think they would have to rewrite the whole program to make it win compatible.

Comment

I'm running it right now on W2K. Do this; run the install program to install MOO to your hard drive. When it asks you to configure it the game, choose no sound for music, no sound for voice, and mouse-compatible. After doing this, close the installer to DOS. Browse to the MOO directory, right-click on the orion.com and select send>shortcut to desktop. Right-click the shortcut and go to properties. On the memory tab, set conventional memory to 600 and EMS to 2048; leave everything else on auto. That should allow the game to start. I also set the font type to bitmap, window to full screen, and disabled screen saver. If this doesn't work, let me know.

Comment

IS this right?

Thanks for the reply.

So I've done the first part but I don't see a "Moo" directory.

I do see a "moo_all" directory. in this folder I find a file called orion.exe but not one called orion.com.

I will see if this works.

Comment

If you take the default install the folder structure will be /mps/orion. You can do a search through windows explorer for orion.com. I tried it with orion.exe and it won't work.

Comment

Now that I think about it, you're probably looking in the folder you unzipped the game in. Did you run the install.exe program yet?

Comment

Thanks for the help. It worked.
                I've been playing the game quite a bit lately.
                I just had to open my command prompt to get the game to work.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X