No announcement yet.

AI expansionism & tech rate vs diff level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Civ 3 you can use some of the computer cheating to your advanger. It than computer control play built cities in a illogical location it can because there is than inportent Stragic resoure locate somewhere in the city radius.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

By the way, you MUST have computer opponents along with humans in MP, so you can get fair trades. Keep in mind you don't get ALL the techs possible, and some must be acquired from other players -- and computer players won't freeze you out like human players.

As far as cheating - if you're REALLY paranoid about cheaters, the solution is obvious: play with people you KNOW.

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
        By the way, you MUST have computer opponents along with humans in MP, so you can get fair trades. Keep in mind you don't get ALL the techs possible, and some must be acquired from other players -- and computer players won't freeze you out like human players.

As far as cheating - if you're REALLY paranoid about cheaters, the solution is obvious: play with people you KNOW.
        Eh? That's not a real requirement, just your own suggestion, right?

I prefer to play these games with no computer opponents, they usually just end up being treated as fodder for easy territory and techs.

And why do you have to have computers for fair trades? Quite the opposite, I think - the AI is much more easy to exploit in diplomacy then any human is.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Exactly. I'd never give anyone a good deal in MP. If they don't have x tech - then they'd better pay for it.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I think the AI tends to treat techs on a "cost" basis rather than an "effect" basis in games. So that level 14 environmental tech will be tradeable with this level 14 energy tech plus a little sweetener even if under present circumstances that tech will be only mildly useful while the energy tech will prove vital. A human player is far more astute at guaging relative worth based on the current in game circumstances. Which gives you the "fairer" trade will depend entirely on your point of view.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X