Network games with Moo2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network games with Moo2

In the excitement of the upcomming Moo3 my friend and I have delved into the depths of Moo2. He and I have been trying to get it to work over a network with no success. We both ditched our XP for 98, we use a null modem cable, and now we're trying to set up a dos network to see if that would work.

If there is anyone out there that has successfully played Moo2 over a network with good speed please tell us how you did it or point us in the direction of the obscure site that we missed in our relentless search. We would greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

I don't know much about computers but I will give some advice.

Can't you use windows instead of DOS? I am just wundering. Let windows talk to the other computers instead of DOS

Thats all I can think of, hope its some kind of help since I only played MOO2 SP

Davor

Comment

Well I only remember that you shouldn't mix the Orion95.exe (windows)withe the Orion.exe(dos) in MP. In my last lan we used the windows executable and had no Problems but we were on Lan.
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I have played MOO2 in LAN a lot. I don't know if it will run on modem, but it will require IPX protocol for sure. Try installing IPX/SPX compatible protocol over your connection and may be it will work. And may be it won't :-)
        Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
        X