Layoff Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layoff Rumor

In light of the news article rumor, this post on IGMOO seems ominous....

Well, there was supposed to be an update on Friday, but right now we have larger issues to contend with. Larger than MOO3. Besides, the game is going to be released soon and you'll get to see everything you want shortly.

Thanks for understanding.

Here's the thread the post is in....

(Edited for clarity...)
    Last edited by Gyromancer; February 4, 2003, 15:17.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

What news article rumor?

(No I can't read your attached thread.)
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Look, to hell with more drama surrounding this game, just get it on the shelves and let us see if it was all worth it.

Comment

I thought that at least some of the ppl from QS have said that they're now working on something else - that doesn't sound like they're going to be layed off. Of course, i'm not entirely certain about that, and not all of the original team would necessarily be involved...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          What news article rumor?

(No I can't read your attached thread.)
          Sorry, guess I was unclear. This news article rumor: http://apolyton.net/moo3/

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

I cant believe a Page named Fatbabies.com exists
            :P
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Well, if the rumor proves to be true, that does not bode well for MOOIII, remember, most of the MOOII hold-overs were also axed...supposedly for "disagreeing," if this new rumor is true...MOOIII could be well...a lower-tier game.

Even though we all hope it will be great! But just fyi, people aren't fired for making good productions. Well, realistically, but politics always gets involved. Yucky!

Veni, vidi, vici.
              [I came, I saw, I conquered].
              -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

I find it disturbing that Quicksilver is reminding me of Looking Glass Studios... awesome games, but they still died when they produced an over-budget dud....

we have yet to know for sure whether MoO3 is a classic or a dud...
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                  Look, to hell with more drama surrounding this game, just get it on the shelves and let us see if it was all worth it.

right on.

to me, at this point, everything is starting to sound like "blah blah blah blah blah".

Almost like the way the adults sound in the "Peanuts" tv episodes.

And I don't think that after all this crap, they would leave the game unsupported, so who cares about the layoffs? Sounds evil of me, I know, but i've kinda had enough with this friggin' game.

Now I gotta weep for the developer's jobs too?
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaestro
                    Even though we all hope it will be great! But just fyi, people aren't fired for making good productions.
                    They are not getting fired, they are getting laid off because QS does not have a contract with a publisher to make another game yet. Thus, salaries cannot be paid.

Welcome to the gaming industry and its harsh treatment of small developement houses.

Comment

Thanks. Dunno how I missed a 'poly news item like that.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                      X