X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Potato's Flag-Hacking-Guide

Grand Potato's flag-hacking-guide is availlable at the
    Orion-Sector:

[#62] 01.28.2003 - While You're All Waiting, Something Fun To Do...

Grand Potato James has finally finished his flag-hacking-guide
    for creating and inserting your own custom player flag
    images into Master of Orion III. So if you are going to be
    waiting for a while for MOO3 to be released, start designing
    your own flags now and we'll probably have a flag maker's
    contest shortly.

Gammaray - could you post the link to the Orion Sector ?

danke schon..

Comment

Originally posted by LastFromVega
      Gammaray - could you post the link to the Orion Sector ?

danke schon..
      The link is within the quote, but for some reason it doesn't
      appear underlined in IE (i've checked it with mozilla only).

Again

The Most Comprehensive UNofficial Sci-Fi TBS Site Online.

Comment

So, why is everyone so interested in hacking the flag. Is there no flag options in the game or something?
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Nope. Can't change the flag, can't change colors, can't rename systems or ships.

Comment

and you have to be pretty motivated to go through all of that just to change a 30x30 stamp... I bet we'll all be too busy practicing vs the machine and tournamenting in MP to draw flags, but Grand Potato's was fun

Comment

You've got to think one of the early patches will change some of the lack of customization. I am completely baffled why its like this to begin with, but not being able to choose your race color is just plain ridiculous.

Comment

I remember hearing the same complaints when Age of Mythology was released (sans customization options).

The developers said there used to be too many arguments in MP when 2 peeps want the same colour.

Comment

I don't think that kind of argument really makes sense in a TBS game where most people will play exclusively single player.

You never like to see a series backslide; removing features in previous versions. It will not be hard for MOO3 to top MOO2, but they aren't making it easy on themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                    Nope. Can't change the flag, can't change colors, can't rename systems or ships.
                    You can change your flag, Potatoe's guide is if you want to make CUSTOM flags not included in the game shipping library.
                    Rantz Hoseley
                    Art Director
                    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Aaahhh! A hard fought cosolation. Maybe if we root Grand Potato on he can figure out how to change the screen colors, too. I've always been a bit of a dark purple man, myself. It makes me feel like a ninja.

Comment

So you can change the flag but not the color? I guess that's new. I don't remember flags even being in MOO2.

I remember one of the early previews talked about his desire to play the "Sexy Ninja Babes" as an empire. I wonder he didn't want the dark purple color too. I also wonder how hard it is to see a human guy wearing an Star Wars empire uniform reporting to an empire called the Sexy Ninja Babes.

Comment

So you can change the flag but not the color? I guess that's new. I don't remember flags even being in MOO2.

I remember one of the early previews talked about his desire to play the "Sexy Ninja Babes" as an empire. I wonder he didn't want the dark purple color too. I also wonder how hard it is to see a human guy wearing an Star Wars empire uniform reporting to an empire called the Sexy Ninja Babes.
                          You could choose your flag in moo2, sort of. But basically you were just choosing your color.
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz

You can change your flag, Potatoe's guide is if you want to make CUSTOM flags not included in the game shipping library.
                            Rantz, don't spell "potato" with an "e" on the end, or you'll never have a chance of being vice president.
                            -Cherry

Comment

Originally posted by Saber Cherry

Rantz, don't spell "potato" with an "e" on the end, or you'll never have a chance of being vice president.
                              hence the joke...
                              Rantz Hoseley
                              Art Director
                              Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X