www.moo3outpost.tk - new layout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.moo3outpost.tk - new layout...

Outpost Orion has implemented the new layout, for both the main site, and the forums... tell me what yall think...

Webmaster of Outpost Orion
    http://moo3outpost.lacota.net

Send comments or questions to inuendo9@hotmail.com

Looks good,

unfortunatly I have only been to Outpost Orion once or twice before and I don't really remember the old layout.

Sorry,
    "How can you shoot women and children?"
    "Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much!
    Ain't war hell?"
    - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

Comment

The site looks good, I added it to my favorite list.

Comment

Using Netscape 4.79 the page doesn't display
        Using IE 4.0 I get script errors:

Line 111
        Char 1
        Object expected
        Code 0

also line 114 same error
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Looks pretty good actually. Good job.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I like the color scheme. I don't like the odd loading. I really don't like the fact that the AARs pop up a new page. The font appears small and there's a lot of wasted space with the navigation on the side - and that navigation doesn't do a whole heck of a lot.

Well, let's do this right.

The latest news/recent uploads should be links to something. The MOO3 banner is should likely be bigger and fit the frame a bit better. Alternately, you shouldn't optimize for 640x480.

The nav 'bar' has a huge amount of wasted space. The words are small relative to the space, and unless you're going for a treeview-type approach, the +s next to the names shouldn't be there.

The welcome could be in the part of the nav bar that isn't doing anything. It's largely redundant anyway, and is only something you'd want to be showing off once or twice per visitor. The current events is too far down the page - that should be the first content that they see.

A links section is mandatory.

Your messages shouldn't lie. If you don't have the content in the files section, don't say you do on the front page.

The forum link should not link to another browser window. Opening everything in the same window is a courtesy. It also gets around popup blockers, which most folks run in one form or another.

If a link goes to a 'coming soon' page, it should instead be disabled. Links that lead nowhere waste a reader's time.

Most of the content on the site is left-justified - which is good. The guides should follow suit. You should keep a uniform view throughout the site. The content that exists on the guides page is too sparse. Let the content itself dictate how much space it takes up. Make the table cells smaller. A great example of this is, amusingly enough, the AAR pages.

The AAR pages themselves have a great color scheme, but it's not the same as the rest of your site. Consistency is more important. Furthermore, when you do make them appear in the same page, make sure to keep links to both the AAR author's individual sections and the general AAR page. Do not rely on the user using back/forward buttons to navigate the pages.

Comment

first of all, kalbear gives some decent constructive criticism, so listen up.

i've already given some comments previously, but i'll say one more thing:
              please avoid the profusion of "lines". lines, lines, everywhere it feels like. If you space them enough, text blocks and sections will seperate themselves visually without requiring table cell borders and such.

and again, time for defining a market niche / mission statement!

Comment

Words are too small and fuzzy. Hard to read. Otherwise its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                  Using Netscape 4.79 the page doesn't display
                  Using IE 4.0 I get script errors:

Line 111
                  Char 1
                  Object expected
                  Code 0

also line 114 same error
                  Time for an upgrade.
                  "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                  I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                  --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Working...
                  X