Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on minimum system requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on minimum system requirements?

The question- am I going to need a new PC to run this game?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

I forget the exact requirements, but heres my POS system, and I know I can run it.

P400, 256 MB RAM, TNT2 Ultra

If you can't do better than my system... well maybe it IS time to look into a new computer.

Comment

I believe the specs were 300mgz min and you don't need a kick ass vid card.

I know I got the min specs,

Davor

Comment

Mmmmm....I'm running a P600 with 128Mb RAM and a Voodoo 3. It's the RAM that might pose a problem.

Comment

I am shure the min specs are exactly the same for Civ 3.

I can't remeber if it's 128 or 64 though

Davor

Comment

Found it-

"P2 266, with 64meg of RAM. (that's too get the game running adaquetely, not optimally)"

Comment

Windows® :

300 MHz Pentium II or better
              128 MB RAM
              8X or faster CD-ROM
              400 MB Hard Drive Space
              Direct X 8.0 Compatible Video Card (must be able to display 800x600x16bit)
              DirectX 8.0 Compatible Sound Card
              8 Player Network Play via TCP/IP (LAN or Internet)
              Windows 98/ME/XP
              Macintosh® :

G3 Macintosh - 300 MHz or Better
              Macintosh OS 8.6 or Better
              128 MB RAM
              CD ROM 8X or Better
              TCP/IP Internet capable connection for Multiplayer Play
              Last edited by wildman45; January 25, 2003, 09:56.

Comment

Mac Requirements

Does anyone know what the requirements will be for the Mac?
                And whether the game willrequire 1024x768 resolution?

Thanks in advance, JJ

Comment

Now the real question: Will MP be playable by dialup connections to the internet? (Unlike another recent IG offering, which will remain nameless.... )
                  We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                    Mmmmm....I'm running a P600 with 128Mb RAM and a Voodoo 3. It's the RAM that might pose a problem.
                    Hey, that's my system too. I have been meaning to upgrade to 256 Mb RAM for awhile now and this looks like the perfect excuse... you know, just to make sure the game runs well. I hate being at the absolute minimum requirements.

@Lazarus and the Gimp: You lucky, lucky, lucky son of a TT racer! I would LOVE to be there on the Isle of Man for the TT. Sigh......
                    Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

Re: Mac Requirements

Originally posted by Asha'Man
                      Does anyone know what the requirements will be for the Mac?
                      And whether the game willrequire 1024x768 resolution?

Thanks in advance, JJ
                      No, Moo3 is in 800 x 600 resolution.

Comment

Laz: What type of ram does your comp take? If it is sdram, perhaps buying another 128 stick might be worthwhile, you will see improvements in performance with almost everything you do on the comp.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by viciouscycle

Hey, that's my system too. I have been meaning to upgrade to 256 Mb RAM for awhile now and this looks like the perfect excuse... you know, just to make sure the game runs well. I hate being at the absolute minimum requirements.
                          You are not running at min regquirments if you have 600mhz. I have a P300celeron and 128 ram. that is min requirments.

I can play Civ3 ok so I guess Moo3 should be no problem since it is hopefully made better than Civ3

Davor

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky

You are not running at min regquirments if you have 600mhz. I have a P300celeron and 128 ram. that is min requirments.

I can play Civ3 ok so I guess Moo3 should be no problem since it is hopefully made better than Civ3

Davor
                            128 Mb RAM is the minimum system requirement I was referring to.
                            Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

I could play Civ3 but the wait between turns was utterly unacceptable. Since most reports indicated that even with state of the art computers the wait was still unacceptably long I didn't consider an upgrade, deleted Civ3 and move on.

Does anyone know if Moo3 will suffer this problem. I doubt it anyone coould muck it up as bad as Firaxis did, but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X