Chantz confirms that Feb 25 is LATEST date for MOO3, probably earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chantz confirms that Feb 25 is LATEST date for MOO3, probably earlier

On IGMOO, Chantz confirmed that Feb 25 was the latest MOO3 would be released, not the earliest....

its up to IG people now to get it out quick

Here's Constantine's post:

-------------------

From Gold to Street
    Folks,

To clear up some confusion on street date. MOO3 will ship to stores no *later* than 25th of February, so take a deep breath and relax There's a *chance* that it may street earlier....how much earlier? I'm working on it But please, just plan on it being in stores and on the shelf on the 26th.

The why and wherefors are not what you think; it has nothing to do with copy protection (we've been testing with that since we started Beta) or anything like that. It has everything to do with *when will the retailers take it in stock*. Remember, they buy a lot of inventory and they need a place to put it and then distribute it out to the chains. If you've played Transport Tycoon, you'll know what i'm talking about.

The game is done and Elvis has left the building.

Some folks have mentioned feature cuts, this that, the other thing...folks, you can't make an informed judgement call until you've played it for yourself. I assure you, MOO3 is one of the deepest, most complex *yet intuitive* strategy games to ever hit the market...is it good...is it fun...is it stable? Most people who've played it think so, but ultimately only you can make that call. I think it is, but then again, i'm biased...my opinion (in that regard) doesn't count.

Yes, we cut some features because they were not fun. Heck, Alan would be the 1st to admit it...you say IFPs are gone? Not quite folks...timed turns *are* IFPs, just done a different way. The result is the same...constraining the player as their empire grows larger. Anyway, didn't mean to go on, just to say don't speculate...play it or read a review, which may or may not be out by the time the product hits the street. Full box copies will be sent to print and web pubs, and after that,well, it's up to them

Also, folders structure for the moo3 discussion board will be changing as we'll be switching over to a post release structure...look for that to happen sometime next week.

I will continue to monitor the boards and will have a presence here post release. Hopefully i can convince rantz to do the same...but remember folks, flames, insults et al get *us* nowhere. I'm not saying that *we* can't disagree amongst each other and ourselves, i'm just saying that we do it in a constuctive way. After all, we made this game for you folks, not for us

Lastly, thanks to *all* of you for your patience. We really hope you like the game and look forward to hearing your (rational!) feedback

Best,
    Constantine

Comment

Rantz pretty much did the same thing here in this thread:

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

yup, so now theres confirmation from both *antz

Comment

UK before the end of Feb - it's better than i dared hope...

Comment

I've got a friend who works at Best Buy and I can already see myself calling him every hour asking, "Is it there yet? No? Okay... mmmmm... now?" Here is hoping it magically appears on the shelf before the end of January. Thankfully it is cold and dreary outside so I have nothing better to do than stay warm with MOO3.

Mmmmmmm... MOO3. Mmmmmmmm....
            Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

I'm sorry, but isn't that kind of BS? What game takes 1 month from gold to release? Of course it may come out earlier but then why the date of 25th?

Ah well, we'll see.

Comment

New stock for the coming month is planned and set up at many stores the month in advance. Due to the secrecy about the gold, and the fact taht some stores have already been burned by release rumors (Best Buy, anyone?), its understandable how some of the stores wouldnt include MOO3 until they had definitive proof of shipping. SInce IG/QS has (in all likelyhood) already missed the "planning period" for stuff that will debut 01-FEB, they might have to wait for the next month to get the game shipped. I imagine thats whats being "worked on".
                Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

The best buy where I live has an empty spot in its software section with a note attached stating that Moo3 has been delayed by the publisher and will be out soon.

Actually from a business stand point it is a very good idea to get it out now. GalCiv I believe is coming out at the end of Febuary. Beating it out by a few weeks would really steal its thunder.

In any event let us celebrate! Moo3 is gold! Snoopy dance time!

Comment

Hmm, well I'm hoping that Amazon (uk) gets it in quickly. They're usually quite good (shipping as they do from a central location - it's quicker for them to get things together).

Comment

booklord,

I think GalCiv and MOO3 will not be in much of a competition.

Comment

Well Todd Hawks, unfortunately the release date is out of the developers hands. It is now officially in the hands of IG marketing people who will decide probably within a week what the "REAL" release date will be. So we got to sit on our hands a weebit longer...

Comment

I know that it's up to IG to decide when to release it. And that is what's frustrating me. The only reasons for delaying it that much after gold status (at least the only I can think of) is that they either prepared badly for it, meaning they yet have to produce boxes, manuals,.... but apparently that isn't the case. The other reason is marketing. And both reasons really bug me as they unnecessarily delay the release again.

But let's wait and see, maybe we'll get it earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 13Matt13
                            New stock for the coming month is planned and set up at many stores the month in advance. Due to the secrecy about the gold, and the fact taht some stores have already been burned by release rumors (Best Buy, anyone?), its understandable how some of the stores wouldnt include MOO3 until they had definitive proof of shipping. SInce IG/QS has (in all likelyhood) already missed the "planning period" for stuff that will debut 01-FEB, they might have to wait for the next month to get the game shipped. I imagine thats whats being "worked on".
                            This should effect some stores but not all...Best Buy already has shelf space allocated for it...and EB/Gamestop will most likely grab it up as soon as it's available...

Comment

Another thing to note that has been pointed out in some places. Unreal 2 went gold this week too.... It uses the same publishers and as sad as it is to admit it, will /probably/ sell better than Moo3 will. So it might be getting the priorities at the printers.

I'd say all of our best bets to get Moo3 ASAP will be to get in a pre-order or put your $5 down at wherever to have it on hold. Thgis way the stores know there is a definate interest and be willing to stock things sooner.

I also get the impression Chantz is fighting hard to get Moo3 out the doors quickly. His post down right says it flat out. I'd say we should know more next week sometime too. Once things get finalized with schedules and the likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X