Brief Rantz comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post! (Kinda)
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

/me yawns.

yet another newbie rant, and not even a decent one. I suggest you go look at the civ3 general forum and dig back to when civ3 was just about to come out to find some quality rants.

Rantz, what kind of area is QS/IG setting up to meet other mp players? MSNZone, the IG boards, an IRC channel?

Comment

God forbid, please not MSNZone. May as well set up an AOhelL site...

Comment

I'm sorry my rant wasn't exciting enough for you, Tower. Feel free to go back to congratulating and fawning over QS and IG anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by jscott991
            I'm sorry my rant wasn't exciting enough for you, Tower. Feel free to go back to congratulating and fawning over QS and IG anytime.
            i suggest lessons from jimmytrick for a quick lift in your skills at trolling. if you want to offer a serious arguement, go talk to yin, and if you want to be a master troll, I'm sure you could learn something from AH.

until then your dig is a pathetic attempt

Comment

Now that's told ya ! Laid on down ! (Sorry, thought I was watching Jerry Springer)

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have not thanked the Chantz's and Rantz's of the two companies yet... I'll wait to see for the game first, though I am dying for it. I think buying a product and using it is the best 'thank-you' for those who dreamt, designed or coded... but here if the game is good, i'll send a mail to thank both teams, as they may have helped set a standard in the industry... Software companies are usually late, that is true, same for Construction companies, and a few others (damn I have waited for Harry Potter 5 for sooo long now), but some release bugged versions. Or unsteady, or not-yet-completed games. And here they have fought and sold internally to both their companies they wanted a good game to be released for their public and the fans of the serie. They have taken the personal risk to delay the release at a time when most companies suffer from cash not being as available as it was before, depleted stock prices, as well as, some time, on-going restructuring.

That is why I think they deserve a thank you, even if the game is late and if it is now months that I am waiting to meet my best friend in space and crush his hives with my humans.
                Last edited by LastFromVega; January 30, 2003, 16:52.

Comment

You people are far too sensitive. This is a message board, who cares if a rant is "bad." Geez.
                  Veni, vidi, vici.
                  [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                  -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by jscott991
                    It is extremely rare in the movie industry for a movie to have an announced date, then within a week or two of that date say "oh, sorry, we'll be coming out next year instead." In fact, outside of the September 11th situation, I can't remember it happening to a major release in my lifetime.

The entertainment software industry is unique and that's why its dying (if you doubt it is dying, you should read the interesting article on PC game releases on gonegold.com). You can't be anti-customer when most every other industry and business is striving to attract customers through better service.
                    Most businesses wouldn't know what good customer service is if it hit them between the eyes . I've been in so many stores that have lousy customer service, it's not even funny. They are only able to stay in business because the economy is good. But when the economy goes bad, they either change or their gone. Any company that deals with products that involves programming should never give a release date. If a person has done any programming, you would know that it’s difficult to give completion dates for a large project. The best policy is, just don't give release dates. It will be done when it done. I would give information on the progress of the project, but that's it.

Comment

I think the release dates were given in an attempt at providing good customer service. The developer had this enormous base of fans and they wanted to engage them as much as possible during development. They just screwed up by not sticking to deadlines and setting unrealistic goals. I won't fault them for trying; just for failing.

Comment

Working...
                      X