Subspecies of Humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subspecies of Humanity

Assuming there are two empires of humans to start with and that our racial stats are not the same, how will the differences be handled if you capture some different types of humans?

For example, I am Human Empire 1, and I conquer Human Empire 2. Will the humans of the old empire retain their differences and be a distinct population in my empire? How will it look if there are two different human populations on one planet? How will you make the distinction?

Well, I imagine your humans will be the Rolandonians, which will naturrally be different than the solarians.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Yeah, I imagine the same as what Kc7mxo said.

It's also possible, however, that all humans will be considered to be essentially of the same "nationality", but that the difference in form of government between the two competing human governments could be significant.

For instance, while both would be representative governments, perhaps one is more centralized and other more de-centralized or federalized... so essentially you're two different sides in a human civil war of sorts That has the potential to be really cool, especially if two human empires are formed out of 1 human empire due to game events (same goes for any race, just humans make a good example)
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I didn't think you could customize any names in the game. I'm guessing, but it'll probably be sorted by color.

Comment

Yes, custom names are allowed when creating custom races. Also get to name your empire as well.

Will there still be civil war?

-Mellian

Comment

Originally posted by Mellian
            Will there still be civil war?
            I believe that planet in "civil disorder/drone riots" have a possiblitiy of declaring their independence. This new state can then be recoginsed by the senate (?) But this info may be out of date. I know that although 16 is the maximum starting races, the in-game maximum is 32. This allows for a LOT of break-away states.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
              I believe that planet in "civil disorder/drone riots" have a possiblitiy of declaring their independence. This new state can then be recoginsed by the senate (?) But this info may be out of date. I know that although 16 is the maximum starting races, the in-game maximum is 32. This allows for a LOT of break-away states.
              Which would make my favorite aspect of the original Moo (revolutions/civil wars) even more fun
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I don't know for certain, but I was under the impression that the number of civs could only be increased through empire splitting civil wars or nomadic entries.
                By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Once big empire was splited to several small isolated colonies by Antarans... So only hope left for them is assimilation. You will have to do little destruction of original empire you know. Then again I think they will behave like magnate civilisation after conquer.

Comment

Great... just what we need... the Balkanization of the Orion Sector.

Hmmmmm... could be entertaining to watch though.

Maybe the developers should introduce a new aspect to the game to go along with conventional warfare and espionage: terrorism.
                    Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

hey, if its your side doing it, its not terrorism, its freedom fighters!

Fighting against an evil government.

Comment

Either way it is basically sabotauge except it attacks the public and it 'terrorizes'. This is already in I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

I don't know for certain, but I was under the impression that the number of civs could only be increased through empire splitting civil wars or nomadic entries.
                          Nomadic entry was cut. But you can discover small colonys of (playable*) races on planets which can either join your empire or form their own when discovered.

*= You can also discover small populations of non playable races which join you if you build a colony on their planet. These races include the lost races and several new ones including smart planets and the huge rhea.

Comment

Does the sentient planet count as its own race?

Comment

I think that is supposed to mean 'smart plants", as in sentient plant life, sort of like the Arbryls from Ascendency.

But the idea of a Sentient Planet does have its appeal...
                              2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                              Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Working...
                              X