Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor?

Will Moo3 have some sort of world builder? Such as building own galaxy layout? Or how about some sort of editor that allows to change the elementary rules of the universe? Cold will be hot and hot will cold thing? Parallel universe
    Or maybe an editor that allow you to customize race, weapons etc...
    Or will we hard core modders have to cut the parts out we need and do it all manually?

I don't think it has an editor, but I believe that all important data will be stored in spreadsheets, similiar to civ 2. So you'll theoretically be able to change just about anything, you'll just have to do it with a text editor.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I believe I heard that all the data will be stored in labelled Excel files. It doesn't get any easier than that, does it ?

I could, on the other hand, be mistaken. This info is from the IG forums... and you all know what that means.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
        I believe I heard that all the data will be stored in labelled Excel files. It doesn't get any easier than that, does it ?

I could, on the other hand, be mistaken. This info is from the IG forums... and you all know what that means.

-Jam
        not excell format, but they can be *edited* in excell movies are .bik format, and ships and such are .vsx single image files are in a form of .png

The possiblity of modding is there, but there is not an editor that ships with the game (or for that matter, that we use. We're using excell, 3DSMAX, photoshop and some propriatary compiling tools) but to mod it, it's only a matter of how much time do you want to spend on it
        Rantz Hoseley
        Art Director
        Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Any chance of saying which compilers? I'm looking for a good one (pref. one that is Rhino/Flamingo friendly !)

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Um, Rantz said they were proprietary, meaning likely they were made or heavily modded in-house.

Releasing them might be a possibility later, I'd expect, but he's basically saying that they don't exist as a commercial editor.

Comment

Then we make one

Comment

Originally posted by §kull-Moo3
                Then we make one
                Just like that, eh? Better to try to make friends with someone from QS, and possible easier.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                X