What of leaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What of leaders?

Does anyone know what has happend to leaders? I know that they are now in a mercinary role like they were in Moo2.. but I certainly hope that we aren`t limited to four or something like in moo2.

I'm pretty sure that currently, leaders in moo3 are more important than in moo2, but not nearly as important as they were going to be. From the bboard over at IG, I got the impression that leaders would be used as a sort of advisor council, like the US's sectrataries. (Sect of Defense and such).
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

That still sounds like a set amount. I wonder if we can assassinate good ones after we reach our quota just to ensure other races can't grab them. Do they await your decision like MOO2 before moving on?

Comment

There was talk in the development stages of being able to execute leaders, but from some screenshots I`ve seen it appears that you can only 'dismiss' them.

Comment

Executing them would be kinda cool...like...if you're running a dictatorship empire, and someone crosses you, you don't "Dismiss them."

You off them!
          Veni, vidi, vici.
          [I came, I saw, I conquered].
          -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

According to the strat guide, you can have only 4 leaders max, and just like Moo2 you will not get any more leaders if you have 4, regardless.

That was one of the more annoying things about Moo2, and I'm sorry to see it carried over here.

There are apparently a LOT more leaders with much more variance in benefits - and drawbacks. They don't just cost AU anymore. They are globally affecting - they are at a government level and affect every single planet and space ship and ground troop (if applicable) that you have.

Comment

Just four still? That is absolutely absurd! I`ll have to add this to my cut list somehow.

Comment

Well, in quite a lot of ways it's actually worse than Moo2 - you can only have 4 leaders, total. There aren't ship/colony types of leaders any more, so you half as many.

That was a big bummer when I read it. I really liked the idea of many planetary leaders, and at least the ability to have quite a few. I understand that multiple leaders can become kind of sick, but at least let me select from a pool or something, ya know?

Comment

Sorry for double post. Better said here than in the 'cuts' thread:

I find it stupid that you still have to keep a slot free if you want to remain open to accepting better leaders or ones more suited to your style. We've also now gone from 8 slots to 4. An entire galaxy spanning empire influenced by only four (five if you include you) people? Bah! Every country in the world has more leading personalities than that who have obvious effects on the policies of their nation.

I'd like to see every system managed by a leader with his/her own personality and the ability to groom new people for these senior roles prior to inserting them. Nobody comes from a vacuum.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Not sure if it is still in, but I thought that I heard that some leaders have 'life-spans' or 'career spans' and are only good for a certain number of turns. This means that you could potentially get more than 4 throughout the game, just no more than 4 at a time.

Not sure if this is this is still in though. Maybe Xentax or one of the others will pop in and answer it.

Comment

MoO!!!!

Comment

i mean. I want it so bad

Comment

I do believe that just about everyone wants in bad, so you're not alone. And since the current rumor says its coming out Feb 25, (just a couple days short of a certain developer having to commit ritual suicide), it looks like we get to want it for another month and a half. So go play simcity 4 instead.
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                          X