In-House Preview Online: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-House Preview Online: Part 1

A detailed preview of Master of Orion III is now online. The five-page article is written by Apolyton CS Co-Owner/Administrator Daniel Quick. Sixteen screenshots are included.

In late December, 2002, an advanced beta copy of [MoO3 arrived in my mailbox. Since then, I have had the opportunity to examine this much-anticipated turn-based strategy title first hand – both inside and outside of the gameplay itself, says Quick. What has been posted today is the first of six installments of this feature. In this edition, the various races to be found in MoO3 are explored from both a historical and practical perspective.

On behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration, I would like to thank MoO3 Producer Constantine Hantzopoulos and the rest of the game's team at both Infogrames Interactive and Quicksilver Software for this opportunity.

Comments on this article are welcomed in this thread.

--------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; January 9, 2003, 23:47.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Good job, Dan. I'm eager to see the next part. Now!

Anyway, beyond the pre-packaged races, how is the race design feature? I take it all the pre-designs are just combinations of various selectable traits, just like in Moo2?
    Last edited by moomin; January 9, 2003, 15:52.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Nice article, well written and structured. However, it didn't really give us anything that we couldn't find on the net already, that's my only gripe. I guess that will come with the next installments though, so another case of waiting then! Still I expect we should be used to waiting for things by now eh?

Comment

hmm.. can you plz include some multiplayer thoughts?

Thanks

KoalaBear33

Comment

Thanks for the article!

I´m going to read it right now!

By the way... I was unable to see the first ten screenshots (broken links). Well... I´ll try again later.
          :::::::::::::
          Craftsman
          :::::::::::::

Comment

Um ... while I'm not trying to be rude, I feel I have a legimate question.

Why does this "Detailed preview" of MOO3 lack even a single sentence that discusses *gameplay*?

Curious, and disappointed, as I was looking forward to reading about the game, not the backstory.

Comment

As DanQ said, this is the first of six installments. So gameplay will come later.

Comment

im jealous :=)
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

im jealous also..... oh well. Thanks Dan and thanks Constintine (sp?). Hope to be able to buy it soon.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Screenshots have been restored -- thank you for your patience.

Originally posted by KoalaBear33
                    hmm.. can you plz include some multiplayer thoughts?

Thanks

KoalaBear33
                    Unfortunately I cannot. All of my time playing the game was single-player.

-------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

/me eagerly awaits the gameplay the gameplay article

in other news, rantz popped into the chat today and confirmed no hot seat or pbem play

Comment

A nice read. I would've liked somethhing about custom race design though. I mean I don't think many people here will be bothering with default races.
                        The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

Congradulates, you've been slashdotted.
                          Now if we could just get you farked, maybe we can bring apolyton down.

Comment

Nice article, Dan. I'm also fairly new to the MoO world and I found it interesting to read about the different races. I'm eager to read the other parts!

I will be bothering with default races, btw, but maybe that is because I'm a MoO newbie.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                            X