New Preview at Gamespy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Preview at Gamespy

Just wanted to post this here for you folks that dont like wading through the IG forum. Sorry, but I dont know how to make the link work, so you may have to cut and paste it:

This is the quote that makes me happiest:

"Multiplayer is deep, full of political backstabbing, and is downright fun."

Soon folks, soon!

i noticed it didn't mention anything about PBEM when discussing mp The review really didn't have anything new in it

Comment

OMG! No PBEM?? Tarnations!!

Comment

What is PBEM?

Comment

PBEM -> Play By EMail
          Blade

Comment

We already know there is no PBEM.

At least I knew.

Damn boy.

Comment

PBEM has *never* been in, ever since they decided upon RT combat a few years ago!
              The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

Yes they turned off PBEM and hotseat because of the RT combat. A pity in my opinion.
                Clash of Civilization team member
                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Woah....

Check out the systems with lowercase names -- outposts?? Just like MOO2, or the ability to rename star-systems is back?

I doubt a system name would just automatically be lowercase --
                  Veni, vidi, vici.
                  [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                  -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

hmm I agree, outpost.

Having never played the demo... and knowing you can rename...

It would be kind of nice if you could claim a system as yours simply by maintaining a ship or something in it. Then suffer diplomatic tensions between people who violate airspace, etc in that area.

I like to change the subject.

Who's up for some pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaestro
                      Woah....

Check out the systems with lowercase names -- outposts?? Just like MOO2, or the ability to rename star-systems is back?

I doubt a system name would just automatically be lowercase --
                      I had seen that in some earlier screens from a different preview adn was wondering about that. Outposts is a good bet.

Now can you tell me what the little blue-white snowball looking thing to the right of the ship is?

Comment

The author of it sayd it's 98% done... Considering they are already making it for 4 years the left 2 percent is still roundabout 30 days...

Comment

Somehow teh Senate reminds strongly of Twilight Imperium (The Boardgame)?

In multiplayer games, diplomacy becomes even more of a critical issue as you simply never know what a human player is going to do.
                          nah peace till they reach 20 Ships then they Backstab me as always :P

I'd like a Pizza will call the friendly (<-Joke) pizzaguy right now...
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

All things equal, it has to bee good news that Gamepsy had an MP build in their hands.

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by AIL
                              The author of it sayd it's 98% done... Considering they are already making it for 4 years the left 2 percent is still roundabout 30 days...
                              He said at the end of the article, it should be ready by the end of the month.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X