No announcement yet.

Eager to talk about MOO. IFPs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think the real problem is just that Quicksilver didn't get enough IFPs from infogrames to complete Moo3 on time.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The game has reduced the number of screens down a huge amount. Sounds like a lot of the micro-micro-management is no longer possible at all, by anyone. So there's less need for IFP's. Conversely people were getting very annoyed that certain game staples, like fleet movement, was being handled by the AI leading to ships not being where you wanted them when you were ready to spend IFP's gathering and launching your attack fleet. Nice idea that didn't really work in practice.

I can see the same flaws with this new idea. The first thing player A may want to do when war breaks out is micromanage shifting his whole economy over to fleet production. That may mean changing government, altering agriculture or mining. Goodness knows what. They're not going to be happy if "civilian" panels are no longer available.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
        Well, I think the real problem is just that Quicksilver didn't get enough IFPs from infogrames to complete Moo3 on time.
        LOL

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I guess there are some things that can't be done other than by the player, like attacks and fleet moves. Things that are too important can be considered as macro too. I was talking alot more about administration.

Passing from micro to macro would be to pass from "build THIS ship, and this one, and this other" to "50% oriented towards these kinda ships, 30% to these, 20% the rest" or something like that. (Like 50% expansion, 30% military, 20% trading, or stuff like that)
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
          X