Derf, derf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

Well, you don't have to refit the armada. If you have lots of bombs, the bioterminators work just fine. 300 bombs, each with a 10% chance to kill . . . .works out fine.
    Well either you'd need a ship dedicated to it (a large one), or you'd need it spread across many ships, meaning they'd be able to do less damage to planet defense systems.

On another note, defense was extremely weak IMHO in Moo2. If a planet works on it long enough, it should be able to take on a fleet single handed. I mean, it's a planet.
    I hope there are more defensive capabilities in the future. (How about ships with no warp-type drive?)

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax

I hope there are more defensive capabilities in the future. (How about ships with no warp-type drive?)
      There are System Ships which have no Warpdrive, can travel only within their Home-System, but have more room for weapons and the like.
      And there are Space Stations, which have only Station-Keeping Thrusters, obviously huge Space for Weapons, Armor and Shields and seem to be a real Obstacle to the Conquest of the Planet (as opposed to the Space Stations in MOO2, which are rather easily defeated).

There are also Weapons on the Planet and, looking on the Informations at hand, they seem to be no single Building with fixed Weapon-Type, as in MOO2, but there seem to be numerous Gun emplacements and Missile-Bases on the Planet, dependend on the Number of Military DEAS on the Planet and possibly on the Amount of Counstruction-Points or Money you spend for building such Weapons on the ground.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well either you'd need a ship dedicated to it (a large one), or you'd need it spread across many ships, meaning they'd be able to do less damage to planet defense systems.

On another note, defense was extremely weak IMHO in Moo2. If a planet works on it long enough, it should be able to take on a fleet single handed. I mean, it's a planet.
        I don't know about everyone else, but I tended to fill up the last few spots on all my combat ships with bombs, so that after the battle they could help out. So when your entire fleet has the a few of them each, you end up with plenty.

And moo3 has orbitals (which are ships with no engines, just thrusters) and system ships (which are ships with just sublight engines). So there are plenty of defensive options in moo3.

EDIT: Heh, Proteus posted while I was writing mine. . . .
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

Its like Toproq, only blue.

Comment

Working...
          X