No announcement yet.

moo2 or CTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried 4 of my older games in the laste time.
    These were Civ3, Civ1, Moo2 & Moo1.
    Civ 3 drove me mad, when I saw the AI even with the newest patch still does not care about industrialization!
    Civ became boring when I had too many Cities and these very unhappy people to care about. The AI is so increadibly bad compared to Civ 3, I just could not play any further!
    Moo 2 took me so much time just to recognize I am far superior to anyone else and besides 2 little wars in the very beginning there's been nothing but making build qeues over and over again.
    Moo 1 was definetely the most enjoyable games of these. On hard I never know If I would win or not.

So I'd propose download Moo1 from some Abandonware-Site and have a nice time with it waiting for Moo3!

Best site to get it is the site of Jon Sullivan. (don't know the adress, try "sullivan" + "master of orion" in a search engine. There you'll find how to get it to work on your PC, the latest patch, the solution for the copy protection, the manual as txt-File and several guides aswell.

Comment

Pah. I`d go get Moo1 that way but I`m too spoiled by modern graphics. Anything worse than say Moo2 makes my eyes bleed. However I have caught wind of a project to revamp Moo1 though.. mmm I can`t seem to find it now but I know it exists because I remember seeing screens for it. Anyone else know of this?

Comment

Check the MoO1/2 section.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes someone has been posting work on an update Moo1 and it looks nice. I just do not know if the project is too big to be done alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            MOO3 DG would be cool. I'd join.
            How exactly does one play a democracy game?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

How exactly does one play a democracy game?
              Essentially, a bunch of people get together and make decisions together. You have one person who actually plays the game, but everyone gets a voice in the decisions.

Look at this thread from the Civ3 Demogame. Lots of good explanations & links (and a lot of shameless party advertisement you can ignore ); while most of it is Civ3 Demogame specific, it should give you the basic idea.

Comment

I tried to redo Moo1 aswell and at least for me it was a bit too big! I had a starmap with Planets in it, that you could let build factories, bases and ships (only premade designs). Waste was correctly calculated, Klackon- and Meklar-Boni were in and worked. The Ships appeared on the Map, but that's were I stopped it. Anything else you could ask for is not in.

A very difficult thing alone were these 5 Sliders that all interact with each other.
                However the graphics of a one person project are very likely to not be better than in the original. Exept he's a good programmer and artist in one person.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons I liked moo2, was that the planetary system resembles civ's city managment sytem. You deploy citizens to jobs, and each planet has a maximum number of cities. Planets can only build one thing at a time. . . .

I basically saw moo2 as civ in space, with monsters!
                  By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                  X