Moo on WinME (yes, this topic again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo on WinME (yes, this topic again)

I suppose I ought to say something about my credentials. Ok, I admit I'm an old time MoO player and I got reasonably good at it (by which I mean winning when difficulty was set on "impossible" and the galaxy size is small).

I've been reading all the threads about getting MoO to work on the latest series of WinX machines.

Nowadays I am running/suffering/enduring Win ME (I know I know - too late to change now though) and I would like to get MoO working on my rig as well.

I've encountered the standard EMS problem that everyone else has also commented upon.

I've tried the suggestions in a different post about rem'ing out the EMMExclude=C000-CFFF,C000-CFFF line in the [386Enh] section of the system.ini file and I've also added ReservePageFrame=yes but I still have had no joy.

All suggestions as to how to get it to work on WinME would be gratefully received!!! I refuse to be beaten by this problem.

Cheers

Phil

PS: Why in the name of all that is holy did Microsoft remove simple EMS support from WinME? On 98 its just a matter of changing the drop down box in the properties menu when right clicking on the damn icon. I mean, really... why why why?

DosBOX

Try using DOSBox. DOSBox is a DOS emulator for windows. You can run old DOS games with adlib and sound blaster support.

Just run the program, then use the MOUNT command to create a drive (ie. mount C C:\orion)

If the latest version doesn't work well, use the older versions.

Comment

Thanks DWEdit. You're a hero!

Cheers

Phil

Comment

Working...
      X