Favorite Moo1 race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Moo1 race?

We all know what we like in Moo2, but what about Moo1?

Mine was the Pslion at first then the Klackons but know its the Darlocks. Just love the spying game.

How about you guys and galls? (galls? if there are any)

Davor

I think my avatar says it all for me.

Comment

In my case, the screen name is a pretty good hint. I prefer them because I can colonize hostile planets with impunity, which is great for small universes.

Recently I switched to Psilons, and a research-mauler-device-and-clean-house play style. I sit in a corner somewhere, make sure I have about the second largest empire, and then get everyone else to fight each other. Meanwhile, I put everything into research, and when I get the mauler device build a stack of huge decked out ships and go to work.

I never tried Klackons. I'll give them a try sometime. vmxa, I never realized your avatar was the klackon-- I always thought it was some nobleman wearing a musketeer hat
      Become a vampire today!

Comment

I like the Klacs too, then Psilons, then Merlars. Never liked humans and suck at coids.

Originally posted by granid
        I never tried Klackons. I'll give them a try sometime. vmxa, I never realized your avatar was the klackon-- I always thought it was some nobleman wearing a musketeer hat
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          I think my avatar says it all for me.

I never knew.

I think I might try Sililoids. I never tried them yet. I hear they are the hardest to play.

Davor

Comment

Some people find the coids easy. Not me.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I have always like playing the Sakkra the best in MOO1...
              My favorite strategy was to colonize as many high pop worlds I could fine - concentrate on ground combat techs and pop increasing techs. Then simply start sending invasion ships to enemy planets. Eventually I'd get the combat transporters too which was fun with this.

I also liked the Meklars... that extra set of factories was a nice edge throughout a game... I think I liked the Meklars because most of the other race's bonuses were acheivable with technology.

Comment

Klac in Moo1 are the easy as they can produce like crazy. The Psilons are easy after they get rolling as they pop tech like nothing flat.
                The avatar is right out of the Moo1 manual.
                Saks are stong as well.
                I find the sili and the Darloks the hardest to play.

Comment

The overall nod to the Klacks, I think. Prod is king.
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I'll go against the grain, and say Humans. They research very well and have some nice trade bonuses. But the main reason is so I don't have to face them in the council elections. Oh, how I hate it when some sleazy AI wins the election just as I'm overcoming the early game deficit!

I try never to win the game by election; I consider that a cheap win (although it's very tempting when playing as the Humans).

For me, the hardest races are the Mrrshans, Alkaris, and Bulrathis.

Comment

Mrrs are a tough choice. In a small universe on hard or impossible, the vote is always the most dangerous thing. Once you get to the 1/3 + 1 vote point, you are golden.

Comment

Mrrshans are pretty tough although I find the Alkaris good to play. They have cool defensive bonuses and their gift in researching populsion is nothing to be sneered at.

Comment

Sili, Mrrs, Darloks are among the hardest for me, but it could be due to my not playing them more than once or twice each. I may not be using the optimal tactics.

Comment

I think Alkari are really good Rush-Race in Moo1 I bet a compareble fleet of the Sakra, that had compareable tech with only 1/5th of their losses. They just were unable to target my masses of Fighter-Class Ships.

But I do not favour any of the races. I play all of them.

Comment

Well of course Alkari will win a space battle of even up ships. The problem is that they will most likely encounter a superior fleet from the Sakkra. In most universes the Sakkra will out expand the Alkari and have better tech and ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X