Where can I get an editor for Moo 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get an editor for Moo 1?

I had it before and it seemed to be deleted from my computer and I have no Idea where I got it from.

Does any one know of an editor for Moo1. You could adjust the planet in every way, eg. max pop,enviroment, missle bases etc.

Please help since I want to start a game and I am tired of way too many small pop plantes. ( they are in the range of 10-35.) I just want only a few more in the range of 60-85. I just don't find it fun, unless someone can come up with a good idea why I shouldn't mess around with it.

Davor

I have found it. I am happy now. hehe. its called oreo and it is a good program done in dos. its like corion where you can do what you want.

it is 105kb. I don't know if I can upload it so others can try it out, but since I downloaded it somewhere (I don't remeber where) it think I can do it without getting into trouble.

Does anyone else want it?

Davor

Comment

What level do you play on? Usually there are a few large planets with some medium ones and a bunch of little ones. But the small ones will be very big at the end.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I play on impossible level. At least the computer makes 32000 ships and kicks my ass that way.

I just wish I could manage that. The only way to get around that is to make like 200 missle bases and the AI never attacks, so it's a catch-22.

32000 ships don't attack and keep colony, but no fun since no combat. Funny we complain the AI is not good but when they send 32000+ ships I cry.

Davor

Comment

I think jonsullivan page has an editor or links to it. I would not be suprised if Avault has it as well.
          It is not hard to smash 32K of ships as tey are the small ones.
          You should have at least two designs of missile ships at teh med size that contain only one 5 shoot merc or stinger. This will keep their ships around a turn or two while you hit them with MB using scatter packs.
          Once I get HEF I make a dozen of so large ships with a multiple fire beamer like auto blaster, pulse phasor. Later you could make hige with them or Black Hole and chew them up.
          I never see these stacks any more and I miss them as I play on small uni and do not let them get that large. I stay at war all the time so they keep sending ships and their fleet does not get that big.

Comment

I couldn't keep sending ships so they don't get large enough because it was close to the end of the game and I never met them until later.

I never knew they had it until I defeated the Guardian and colonized Orion, then they sent the ships there.

Davor

Comment

Always keep tabs on all races. Send a ship there if your scanners are not good enough to see what they have. Even if at war and they manage to kill the ship. If I see them sending ships to a staging area, I will attack it if need be to prevent a fleet form getting to the point where it can defeat my planet. Ships are replacable, planets are not.

Comment

I usually build a bunch of ships with repulsor beams and torpedoes. Unless they have missiles, their ships can never close with my ships, and eventually the missile bases will destroy all of them.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I never used repulser beams, but always seen the computer do it. I think in this game i will.

Davor

Comment

Well repulsers are only good on range one weapons ships. If they have range 2 they will be able to shoot you. I have used them, but I am not fond of them and will use them in a rare situation.
                    The AI loves them and hence likes range 2 weapons. Note that if you do use them, do not wipe out all of their stack. If you can let them leave with a few. If they are all destroyed, the AI will be able to make a new design that uses ranged weapons. It will anyway, but you can delay that move.

Comment

Working...
                    X