Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refitting

Upgrade is out

[19:24] [mmurray821] You can not upgrade your ships with new tech, but have to buy new ones?
    [19:24] [Chantz] yes
    [19:24] [Chantz] sorry, i tried like *heck* to get that in
    [19:25] [Chantz] you can stamp out new design based off of current ships templates quite easily
    [19:25] [Chantz] and obsolete and scrap and such
    [19:25] [Chantz] new designs
    [19:26] [Chantz] but yep
    [19:26] [mmurray821] I saw in the guide you get 50% back of the original build price back with scrap
    [19:26] [Chantz] yep
    [19:26] [Thalanor] wow
    [19:26] [mmurray821] Well, it doesn't take long to build ships, does it?
    [19:27] [Forgiven] long is relative always ;p
    [19:27] [Chantz] no, not very long; again, think grand strategy, you can *really* speed up ship design by overdriving the military build que
    [19:27] [mmurray821] Then it really isn't that big a loss for upgrade then
    [19:27] [Chantz] sorry, ship construction

Now wtf? First the colors, naming stars, not that important.. but I think refitting ships is PRETTY DARN IMPORTANT. Why wasn`t this included in that cut list? How are we supposed to carry over experienced crews now?!

Xentax says to expect to see a patch though. Thank god.
    Last edited by RolandtheMad; December 20, 2002, 18:40.

NEW CUT LIST

I think we should demand a new cut list! All these things that 'just happen not to be in this one' suck. Anything that was in a previous game that isn`t in this one is a cut.

Comment

do you think you might be able to move good leader to new ships? I wouldn't be supprised if you just lost a great leader because you scraped his ship, remember you don't get to choose where your leaders are placed.

Comment

[erupt]
        This is insane! Every day I read about something new being cut out of the design. What are they going to give us, MOO .5?!?!?
        [/erupt]

*sigh* The'd better release the game before we find out about any of the other missing features or this baby's gonna rot on the shelves...

Comment

My reaction exatcly! Now it wouldn`t be so bad if it were just one or two things inconveniently forgotten but every time you turn around there is a new cut!

Comment

This is bad, bad news indeed. But upgrading was a pain in the posterior in Moo2 as well before they patched it so that you could refit by class.

Nevertheless, I'm starting to think of holding off on that buy until I see the patch. Seems to be a lot of small, nagging issues...
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

It was a pain to refit, and often not worth it. I could usually hold off a fleet while my new builds were gaining experience in an Academy system. There were times when I HAD to refit, though. And if I did scrap a ship, I at least moved the leader someplace else. I know they posted a cut list somewhere (I never saw it) but I think I'd be more interested in a feature list. It's beginning to look as if it would be the shorter of the two lists.

Comment

Xentax - There are no bombs in MOO3.

Comment

Well, you CAN use missles in their place. With all the major functions they've cut out, why not cut something small? You know, just pour the lemon juice into the gaping stomach wound...

Comment

I agree. I don`t really care about the fact that there are no bombs now, but I am not happy about all these small cuts that are appearing. I`m becoming very wary of all this. I wonder what else will be revealed?

Last edited by RolandtheMad; December 20, 2002, 18:52.

Comment

No refit, ugly. I remember getting Ascendency and finally being able to upgrade my ships. Then Moo2 allowed this, I loved that feature.

Comment

I absolutely can not beleive that Upgrading ships is out...!!!!

I know that the party line will be.... [anoying voice]"but you just need to beef up you ship build queue"[/annoyning voice]... This does not cut it. To quote "[19:24] [Chantz] sorry, i tried like *heck* to get that in ". Obvioulsy HE recognized the need for this! But ill bet it ended up on the floor because it would have been dificult. Just because something is dificult to pull off does not mean that it couldn't or should not be done!

All allong i have been hearing how the game is delayed one date after the next - i was one of the idiots who paid for the game in full in advance to ensure i got it right away. These kind of things i can live with becuse as Chantz keeps on saying it so they can "make the absolute best game"....

I can not concieve of a single legit reson to scrapp the retrofitting of ships other than the dificulty or too late to program for such (which is a cop out). As far as I am concerned now, they are not delaying to put their best foot forward - they are delaying because this is just another poorly managed Software Project.

.... Ok now that I got that out of my system... I do hardware and software design so if there is one thing that pisses me off is poor code for all the wrong reasons.

I am begging and pleading with someone to tell me that there is a legitimate game play reson for pulling Upgrading out of the game so i can make an public appology for this tantrum!

Comment

Lame.
                          Last edited by Bane99; December 20, 2002, 20:21.

Comment

i remain blissfully unaware of features that have been in the previous game that i'm going to be missing out on. and the more i think about it, the better i like the idea, i was extremely dissapointed by civ3 because of all the stuff i expected to be in the game that wasn't. now i'm going to get a game where i have almost no expectations, (beyond that it should be fun) I think i'll be much happier this way

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              i remain blissfully unaware of features that have been in the previous game that i'm going to be missing out on. and the more i think about it, the better i like the idea, i was extremely dissapointed by civ3 because of all the stuff i expected to be in the game that wasn't. now i'm going to get a game where i have almost no expectations, (beyond that it should be fun) I think i'll be much happier this way
                              Lucky, lucky man. My disappointment is slowly dissolving my desire to buy this game...

Comment

Working...
                              X