Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rease Date: December 1, 2003!!!!!

Its true! Check this link!

PS: This is just a joke concerning apolyton's dating system. . . and is not intended to cause heart failure and severe depression among the already tormented moo3 hopefuls.
    Last edited by Kc7mxo; December 30, 2002, 23:18.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

you probably havent noticed that you can now choose your date and time format for the forums....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No its 12th of January, you dumbass

Comment

This was funny as long as it lasted. MarkG, you shouldn't have shot it down... think of all the fun we could have had in this thread.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

you probably havent noticed that you can now choose your date and time format for the forums....
          No I hadn't. Heh, this joke was brought on because a friend of mine dropped into this forum a week ago, and was complaininig to me that there hadn't been any activity since october!

And has everyone tried froogle.com ? Thats where I found this ad, it seems to be a pretty cool search engine. its from the creators of google, and searches for sales and such.
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
            No I hadn't. Heh, this joke was brought on because a friend of mine dropped into this forum a week ago, and was complaininig to me that there hadn't been any activity since october!
            for another example of crazy dates....

And has everyone tried froogle.com ?
            did you try searching for "apolyton" on froogle?
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

tried it... The first result was for Civ Fanatics!! the Second was for Apoloyton.
              (or rather pages on the above sites I think)

Comment

someone please remind me of how the date formats got so messed up over the years? I mean, its not like euros are from mars or something. or are they?

Comment

don't they do it DD/MM/YY in Europe? It really makes more sense, I mean MM/DD/YY WTF... When you really think about it

Comment

yes, we do it DD/MM/YY
                    I think we always did it that way

and we (the germans at least) use points between the numbers, not '/'
                    so today its 17.12.2002

Comment

I agree, much better saying "23rd December 2002" that "December 23rd 2002"

But what is totally correct is the ISO 8601 format:

Complete date:
                      YYYY-MM-DD (eg 1997-07-16)

So The Euroupean way is basically that reversed, never really understood why America have to put months first, it really doesn't make sense. The first value(s) are the one that changes the most (days), the last value(s) are the ones that change the least (years)

Comment

Originally posted by Tharsonius
                        yes, we do it DD/MM/YY
                        I think we always did it that way

and we (the germans at least) use points between the numbers, not '/'
                        so today its 17.12.2002
                        Its like the French use , instead of . in currency.

€4,39, for example.

Strange.

Comment

It really does not matter, it just what you are use to using. I suspect that we just did what any child does and rebel against the parents where ever they can, hence mm/dd/yy no metric and the like. They wanted to show there independance. Now we will be hard pressed to agree to one format on anything, too bad.

Comment

Well different countries have seemed to have aggreed with the ISO8601 format.

Comment

but since best buy is an american company, the date really should be 12/1/2003. what they're actually saying is december 1st 2003! unless best buy is full of eurocommies and subversives

Comment

Working...
                              X