• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update By Chantz

Chantz just posted this on the IG forum

"
    Folks.

I'm going to keep this brief. The game has *not* gone gold yet, as i've said before, when it does, we'll let you know.

PLEASE stop the speculation. The game is SIMPLY NOT READY ACCORDING TO IG STANDARDS. We're very pleased that *some*, NOT ALL, of our beta testers feel it can go; that says a lot about the state of the game. However, there ARE crash bugs and we want them fixed. This is a collective decision made DOWN THE LINE by QA, PD, Marketing, Sales and QSI. Period, end of story.

Constantine
    "

"SIMPLY NOT READY ACCORDING TO IG STANDARDS"

if he is talking about quality, then this must be very new standards...

Comment

Originally posted by Tharsonius

or the game is in VERY bad shape.

Comment

C'mon we all know SOMETHING is up. It's either something with the game or it's corporate intrigue. They probably found something they didn't like in the game and are trying to fix something that cannot be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tharsonius

Either that or it is /TOO/ Bug free. And they need to get some back in ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by dulahan

Either that or it is /TOO/ Bug free. And they need to get some back in ASAP!
            lol, didnt thought about that

Comment

and i thought i would be one of the first to laugh at the IG standard thing

asking people to stop speculating is like asking people to stop breathing air

Comment

Chantz may be a new producer (Or one that has a better track record then most).

IF everyone down the chain agrees that the game is not ready there are showstoppers left.

Sammual - The game is not ready.

Comment

My guess would be this is a new standard. I think they got fried to a crisp by the civ3 and ptw release (regardless of which side you are on in the issue they got blasted).

Comment

I think they got fried to a crisp by the civ3 and ptw release

/me thinks different people assigned on different kind of projects tend to make different decisions based on different situations
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

* MarkG thinks different people assigned on different kind of projects tend to make different decisions based on different situations
                      That as may be, but chantz specifically said "IG standards" and if civ3 is anything to go by, then those standards must have been upped quite a bit. That game was just not ready on release.

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hard to get around that one, eh.??

Comment

I preordered from Amazon on Jan 30, 2002.

I got this from Amazon today.

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have contacted our supplier concerning the status of your order for
                          "Master Of Orion 3."

The representative we spoke with indicated that this item has not been
                          released, and is not expected to be released until February 28, 2003.
                          If we receive additional information about this, we will let you know.

We are very sorry for the disappointment.

We have left your order in place, and will ship this item to you as
                          soon as it becomes available. However, since this is not what you
                          were expecting when you placed the order, we would certainly
                          understand if you wish to cancel the item from your order. You may
                          cancel unshipped items online at any time by clicking the "Your
                          Account" link at the top of our web site, or by visiting this URL:"
                          A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

Comment

Maybe these crash bugs are way in the endgame which may make them difficult to isolate
                            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

* MarkG thinks different people assigned on different kind of projects tend to make different decisions based on different situations
                              That could be true, but IG is not different people, well maybe they are now.
                              Understand , I am not one of the complainers on Civ, I bought and I am happy. It is just that they did take a lot of flak and may be gun shy now, I would be.
                              Anyway, I am buying as soon as I see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X