Darlock Colonies and Stars Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darlock Colonies and Stars Galore

The Grand Potato posted a whole bunch of screenshots over on the official forums. (They are not all on the same page so check it all out.) http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=240460
    Last edited by SeanV; December 8, 2002, 16:18.
    Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

The first 5

Here are some of those screenshots. They are:
    1. A Darlock colony
    2. A Victory picture of the Shining Happy People
    3. A Galaxy Map picture
    4. Another Galaxy Map picture
    5. Planet Organizer Screenshot
    Attached Files

Comment

And here are the last 4

And here are the other 4 that have been posted.
      1. Another Galaxy map
      2. Another Galaxy map
      3. Planetside view with population showing
      4. Planet Locate... You can't get lost with this tool

Sorry that they aren't in my post but I couldn't figure out how to get them in here.
      Attached Files

Comment

What happened to the Darlok ?
        They were my most-hated enemy anyway though they had a very cool look.
        But I liked my enemies so what has happened to them ? Got they finally punished collectively once and for all and all that remained were a few forgotten splinter colonies ?
        Are there some excellent Darlok officers then ?
        Does finding a Darlok colony raise your empires espionage rating a bit ?

Comment

IIRC they were killed by the New Orions, they are not playable. I have no idea about your other questions.
          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

The Darlok were "scattered to the 4 winds" by the Antarans, IIRC -- at least, that's the sense I got from the "old" backstory, and I doubt things have changed much in that area.

I think there are some good Darlok leaders, yes, but I'm not sure (they'd be rare, I'm sure).

Darlok populations don't influence your espionage efforts, as far as I know. Their characteristics will be documented, though, rest assured.
            Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

I can't wait to play out my own sick little antarian-ish fantasies. Zoo planets set up with every race having their own planet, and then testing out my orbital bombardment preparedness on them. Not to mention turning the New Orions into my slave race....

Well, that is if I can even kill them. 1/200 games before the first victory over them? Fantastic. I really like where they are going with all of this.
              A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
              -V. I. Lenin

Comment

By the late game, it will be quite possible to completely destroy the population, development, and ground forces of even a well-developed planet with a sufficiently equipped attacking fleet.

And, if that's not good enough for you, there's always that perennial favorite, the Stellar Converter. I haven't gotten a chance to use one, but the QSI folks have told us beta testers that the results of its use are "worth seeing". It's a very late-game technology, apparently...I've won many games without it ever becoming even visible in my tech matrix.
                Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Fantastic. I can't wait to test out my "Turn a planet to slag" weaponry. Thanks for keeping us non-infogrames board users informed on all these goodies, Xentax.
                  -V. I. Lenin

Comment

Well, that is if I can even kill them. 1/200 games before the first victory over them? Fantastic. I really like where they are going with all of this.
                    Somehow I doubt you need to worry.

Remember the old "Good players can win on Emperor, but rarely" quote? heh heh

I'm sure in a year (if we're still playing, and assuming its been released) there will be plenty of people discussing their preffered manner of extiction for our favorite interdimensional raiders.

And, if that's not good enough for you, there's always that perennial favorite, the Stellar Converter. I haven't gotten a chance to use one, but the QSI folks have told us beta testers that the results of its use are "worth seeing". It's a very late-game technology, apparently...I've won many games without it ever becoming even visible in my tech matrix.
                    Really? I heard it doesn't blow up planets anymore, i don't suppose you can confirm? I always loved blowing planets into asteroid belts.
                    Last edited by Kc7mxo; December 10, 2002, 18:29.
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure your right but it still gives me warm fuzzies inside. They really are trying to make a interesting univerese for the game to be set in. The backstory, the special events/planets, the NOs....they seem to want to make things unique. I never understood why in Space Strategy games everyone started on equal footing. That is way too gamey. The NO's is just a nice step away from the normal.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure destroying planets like that is out. You can still glass a planet with WMDs and make it a lifeless rock for years.
                      -V. I. Lenin

Comment

Well pisso !, and I was looking forward to destruction on whole solar systems... As long as there is something better than the pathetic Civ3 Nukes...

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                        X