No announcement yet.

Which Space genre most deserves a MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Space genre most deserves a MOD?

What sci fi MOD's would we all like to see? By that I mean custom ship grphics and alien leader models created by a talented fanbase. I am talking about after the inevitable creative explosion of fan contributions similar to what's going on with Neverwinter Nights and their creative fan community.

My choices:

- Babylon 5. (Races and Ships would be so cool)
    - Farscape
    - Star Wars
    - Old series Trek (with races like the Gorn)

Any thoughts or ideas from you folks?

I'd like to see the Foundation series and L E Modesitt's Parafaith Wars in a mod. Not kind to alien races, though. They may be better custom scenarios than full blow mods...

Comment

I will be very happy if i can change the ship graphics in general

-Mellian

Comment

Another interesting line up would be using the "A Call to Arms " series by Alan Dean Foster as a template. It's a refreshing twist with humans being considered a rugged powerful species compared to the other races who evolved on less harsh environments by comparison.

Comment

Id have to wait until I play it to be sure, but some of the descriptions of combat involving hundreds of ships (and fighter/carriers in particular) make me think it'd lend itself well to star wars.

The only sci fi I've ever routinely watched though is trek (though like most fans of trek I think it went downhill after DS9, well alot say DS9 was downhill too ;P)

So if I had to vote based on your choices, id pick old series trek. If I had any choice, id prolly say next gen era trek (no borg though).

Though honestly, Im just looking forward to playing the game like it was made for a long while first

Comment

I'd prefer b5, its got a nice variety of races. Only question is whether the new orions should be replaced by the shadows or the vorlons.
            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The Marvel Comics universe has also some interesting alien races:
              --The Krees
              --The Skrulls
              --The Rigellian Colonists
              --The Badoons
              --The Shi'ar

Not to forget the special events:
              "We are sorry to inform you that your planet Shadizar III and its 47 population points have been destroyed by Galactus the Devourer!"
              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Battlestar Galactica seems to fit into the game...big ships and lots of fighters...

Let's destroy those Cylons
                "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Heh, yeah, the galactica could be full of darlocks, and the cylons are the antarans.
                  By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I'd just like to mention the Honorverse as a possible universe.

Comment

I hope they release all of the bits'n'pieces they've cut. Partially finished or not, it'd be nice to play around with putting them back in again in some form.

Comment

Honorverse? Is that like the punyverse?

Comment

A while ago I was thinking someone should do a Star Control 2 mod. You could get the .gifs of the races when you talk to them and use it in plave of the diplomacy animations, etc.. Could probably edit the ships too. And, of course, the music.

Comment

My list:
                            -Star Wars!
                            -Star Control 2. I think it would work very well. I think it has a similiar number of races, and they clearly have different aspects that could be tranlated into bonuses/negs.
                            -Schlock Mercenary. I doubt anyone's heard of it, but it would be fun to go in to battle with a Taussennigan Suporfortress.

Comment

Wing Commander.

It has great Fleet Action.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X