MOM2? (forgive the off topic thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM2? (forgive the off topic thread)

Please forgive the off topic thread, as I didn't know were else to ask this...

I've seen several people in this forum alude to a sequal to Master of Magic. Is there going to be a MOM2?
    "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get" -Homer Simpson

aparently it depends on how well MoO3 does...

Comment

So buy many copies!!!
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Re: MOM2? (forgive the off topic thread)

Originally posted by Zanthis
        I didn't know were else to ask this...
        helpful hint:

In my humble opinion, Age of Wonders could easily be considered as a MoM2 stand in....
        Personally, I still enjoy playing some MoM, from time to time.
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Re: Re: MOM2? (forgive the off topic thread)

Originally posted by MariOne

In my humble opinion, Age of Wonders could easily be considered as a MoM2 stand in....
          I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Age of wonders is alright, but it's no MoM2. I wish I hadn't heard that before I bought AoW, I think the game would have been much more enjoyable if I wasn't expecting MoM2. It's really much more like HoMM than MoM.

Comment

Oh, well, as MoM is the only game in the genre that I ever "really" played before AoW, to me it was the closest to it, and I could be excused

I had indeed looked for some HoMM series game in the store shelves or bargain bins recently, but could find none...

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne
              Oh, well, as MoM is the only game in the genre that I ever "really" played before AoW, to me it was the closest to it, and I could be excused

I had indeed looked for some HoMM series game in the store shelves or bargain bins recently, but could find none...
              You can not find any deals for Homm2 Gold or Homm3 complete? I see them all the time. Now with Millenium and Platium out, it should be cheap.
              BTW I do not see AoW as a MoM sequel either, more as Homm/Warlords merger.

Comment

Masters of Magic is probably the game with the most play over the years that I can think of. Even with it's outdated graphics it's still fun.

I bought Age of Wonders 1 and 2 but they aren't true inheritors to the game. Something is missing. Random map generation and the two worlds come to mind, but there was something fundamental about MoM which gave it it's appeal. It really really deserves an Update.

MoM2 deserves to be made.

Comment

The two different worlds and how they interacted, a true empire-building feel, a limitless research tree, the hordes of units and leaders, all this and more coming togheter in a fantastic form. One of the best games of all time, even after all this time. A true sequel that expanded on all the amazing traits of the original would be pure gaming bliss. Too bad you won't see it for at least a few years.
                  A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
                  -V. I. Lenin

Comment

I'd like to see MoM 2. It's still one of the better games of it's genre even with it's outdated graphics and bugs etc.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

MOM2 would be cool. Of course I'd really buy it if were a slow RTS like EU2.

Comment

I never played MoM, but I've heard a lot about it being one of the best games ever. A lot like the original System Shock, another oldie great that I never got a chance at. But I really loved both AoW1 and 2. If they make a sequel to MoM, they would definitely have an audience for it.
                        We make war in that we may live in peace.
                        ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by PriestOfDiscord
                          The two different worlds and how they interacted, a true empire-building feel, a limitless research tree, the hordes of units and leaders, all this and more coming togheter in a fantastic form. One of the best games of all time, even after all this time. A true sequel that expanded on all the amazing traits of the original would be pure gaming bliss.
                          Evidently, I was more focused on the generic similarities, than on the undeniable differences you so well and concisely point out

I wanted to post the link to a recent thread where a poster listed his thoughs and feature wishes for MoM2, but I could not find it again, searching in the entire site....
                          Last edited by MariOne; December 10, 2002, 07:31.

Comment

Found

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

You can not find any deals for Homm2 Gold or Homm3 complete? I see them all the time. Now with Millenium and Platium out, it should be cheap.
                              Only now I finally found the Platinum six-pack and got it.
                              Paid it 40€, don't know if it could be called a "bargain"...
                              I hope I've not wasted them €.

Any advice on how to proceed?
                              Begin from the start, or...?

Comment

Working...
                              X