Release date slips (again).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release date slips (again).

I considered posting this in the current Release Date thread, but being that it kind of contradicts the title, I decided to open a new one. Apperantly those multiplayer crash bugs are still running around, so it still hasn't gone Gold.

Check out Gamespot for the news:
    GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

There's also a link to an interview at the bottom which you may or may not have already read, but it's interesting. Currently they seem to be guessing 12/17 as the release date, but who knows? It could be later, or even earlier.

I never thought I'd say this, but for QS's sake, push the thing out the door while people are still willing to get this as a Christmas present. If it's not on the shelves, then people will get other things, and if the game is in fact good, I want it to sell well enough to merit an expansion pack with some of the things that got cut in development.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

I already asked the local store when they would recieve the game, and the said dec. 6th...

*walks off to read this strange article*
    insert some tag here

Comment

i still think its strange that the devs havent told us themselves are we going to have another information drought?
      "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Gooberman, after much whining on the Infogrames boards, it was announced that they intended to wait until it had actually gone gold to provide any further release updates.

Comment

Unsurprising. Any dates at this time are somewhat silly... my bet is that when they think this bug is caught, they'll release it, simple as that. They just don't know how long it'll be. That means that if it's caught tonight, we might see it as early as the 12th, though on the downside, it means we could see it as late as the 21st if they're slow in catching it.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

So i guess their not going to say anything till(not long hopefully) it goes gold?
            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

That seems to be the situation.

Comment

Finnish gamestores and a Finnish gamemagazine state that the release is on the 13th. But I doubt it will make the date.
                =-=-=-=-=
                - Haxxas -

Comment

even though some people say its possible this game could go gold tomorow and in stores by friday, I dont believe it. Emperor rise of the middle kingdom was a 3 week from gold to stores and quickest I have ever heard was about 7 business days. When ever I have heard of them being quicker its acutally the company telling people its gone gold in tuesday when in fact it really went gold 1 week prior. In short this game is not going to be anywhere but in are dreams by friday. I can only hope we see it some time next week.
                  Last edited by pmaura; December 1, 2002, 23:39.

Comment

Per reports from chantz, they're waiting on a single CD (boxes plus manuals plus other CD are done now), which means that the turnaround time from gold to shipping should be about the minimum possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X