3524 moo2 crash under xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3524 moo2 crash under xp

I installed moo2 under xp recently and got it going with only a little bit of tweaking.

However, like clockwork, the game crashes at the beginning of the turn in 3524. This has happened in 3 games.

Any ideas?

Is that 3502.4 or 3524.0? If turn 240 then have you used any editors? I mean it would seem that it would be hard to have the same event take place at that time. If turn 24, what is being done at that time? I can see that being the same every game. I have finished many games in Moo2 since I went to XP PRO. I have always seen a rare crash in Moo2, even back to DOS, especially during combat. They most common is XP has been playing a downloaded game that had been modified.
    Post a sav before the crash.

Comment

This is happening at turn 240. (during the transition from 3523.9 to 3524.0). The game crashes to the desktop. I think that some event is happening then (video perhaps? the intro crashes to the desktop as well, if i let it play).

It has happened in multiple startups with completely different characteristics.

Here's a copy of the most recent one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok I will see what happens to me.

Comment

I played a few turns and did not attempt to take action except for the pop ups on completed projects. Two steals came in (assault shuttles and capacitors). I attached the new spot here so you can see if that lets you carry on.

You are at 1.31 right?
          Attached Files

Comment

I think I just installed and then applied the 1.31 patch and the game worked fine, no tweaks. Looking at the start icon, it is running as windows 95 compat. Date is 3/26/1997 for ORION95.exe

Comment

I'm running 1.31 with no mods in 95 compat mode. The save you sent over works fine; there just seems to be something happening right around that turn in the one i sent you. Odd

Were there any messages or video or anything about the antarans when you played through?

Comment

Yes the vid that you get when the anties are coming for someone popped up. I clicked or escaped out of most likely as I have seen more of them than I care to think about. It was the version that usually is when they are going for the others, not the close up of an antie that you get when they come for you.

Comment

Ah, then that's what it is.

I cant play the intro vid either. I've read that some people have video card driver issues under xp; i guess this is the problem.

Well, I can always play it without the antarans.

thx.

Comment

Well I have let the video play out and it has not caused me any problems. I am using a Radeon 8500 card.

Comment

Working...
                    X