Minor Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Races

What's the status on "minor races" in MOO3? Will there be such a thing?

The game supports 32 empires while there are only 16 different races you can play. It's been speculated that the remaining 16 slots would be filled up as the original empires experienced rebellions, splits, random events and things like that. I also, however, recall reading a cryptic post by Chantz seemingly indicating that some of the old (in MOO3 non-playable) MOO2 races would make an appearance as "minor races" of sorts.

Do we know anything about this? I've been trying to dig up some information, but I've come up with nothing. Looking at screenshots of the starmap you can easily point out several of the old MOO2 homeworlds, such as Ursa, Fieras, Nazin and Draconis, but there's really no telling if they'll actually contain their original races or if they're now nothing but empty, cleansed systems awaiting your colonization.

I made a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything related to this topic. If it's been discussed already, my apologies.

The details have not been shared publicly yet.

So, I can't tell you exactly what the game has in terms of minor/cut races.

But I will say that there's some nifty stuff there in this department.

And yeah, the idea for up to 32 empires is that more than the starting 16 can be in the game at once as a result of rebellions. I doubt you'd ever actually get to 32 unless you deliberately tried to encourage rebellions AND worked to keep empires from being assimilated (reducing empires to *two* worlds instead of one, perhaps, in an effort to get each one to split into two? Plus, the bigger your empire is, presumably the more likely it is to suffer rebellions).
    Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

I can think of two public references to the cut races, offhand. The first is a "Mrrshan cry" Orion Senate screen shot, with a very animated-looking Mrrshan standing at the podium (but no particular idea what he/she/it is being so animated about). The second is a screen shot with a leader who, according to the text, has some Darloks at his disposal (if I remember it correctly).

Comment

Yes, I'm sure the "cut" races will have some cameo appearances, like those Craig P mentioned before.
        War doesn't prove who is right, only who is left.

Comment

with a very animated-looking Mrrshan standing at the podium (but no particular idea what he/she/it is being so animated about).
          I think that she (Ambassador Rrlenn I think) is finishing her speech in which she has just denounced the New Orions as merely an extention of the Antaran threat that had so recently (in galactic terms) tormented and humiliated all of them.
          Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

Working...
          X