No announcement yet.

MOO3: the inevitable Star Wars Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that Star Wars isn't as well set up as something like Babylon 5 in terms of being really layed out with solidly layed out and detailed spacefaring species. In B5 you've got the Earth Alliance, Centari, Narn, Minbari, Drazi, Vorlons, Shadows, League of Non-Aligned Worlds, etc. Star Wars is great but they don't delve into the non human non empire aliens as much. For example does anyone know if Yoda is a lone entity or a member of an actual race? (don't quote me anybooks I haven't heard of because I go by the official movies here).

I also think a Farscape mod would be beyond cool. Peacekeepers, Scarrans, Luxans, Nebari, Hynerians, Delvians, etc.

Comment

A Farscape mod? Now you're frelling talking!

Comment

Peopel who are talking about Star Wars not being flesched out ": have any of you read the new books? or any of teh books (probably number around at LEAST 75 by now)???When all you're goin by is 10 hours worth of movie, yeah, its worse than an onion skin, but read some of those.....

Comment

If there was a Hynerian race it would probably get +10 to helium production.
          "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Ahhhh a farscape mod. That would be awesome........so if your playing as the Peacekeepers, do you get bonus points or Wormhole tech for catching Moya before the Scarrans do

Comment

Maybe they could have a leviathan training tech where you will be able to use Leviathans if you capture them and happen to have Pilots in standby.

The Farscape mod may run easier if it is setup in the same universe but not neccesarily with the same actual characters. Wait...scratch that. How can we not have Scorpius in the game?

Comment

Scorpy would make a pretty sweet leader, I'd admit. Research bonus, counter-intelligence bonus (pretty sure the "comfy chair" would cut down on enemy spies ), and give him an unrest penalty or something, since the rest of PK's can barely stand him.
                We make war in that we may live in peace.
                ~Aristotle

Comment

I love Farscape, but again, Its not been (never will be ) fleshed out enough. Apart from the Peace Keepers, we really know nothing much about the other races, and know about maybe one ship for each (Nebari shuttle thing, Scarran Dreadnaught, Dargos fighter, nowt fo the others).
                  The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

well the chances of it ever being fleshed out are minimal now.
                    "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

I do think'll it will get done (Farscape getting more detailed on other races). It has a large fan base and regardless of the current setback, a movie, novels, and hopefully an eventual season 5+ will come along.

With the sci fi crap that is making it onto TV these days people will eventually get fed up and want good sci fi again. Farscape will be there.

I do think that the Babylon 5 universe would be the most detailed and layed out of them all. I would love to see Earth Alliance Cruisers having it out with lacerated hulls and starfuries scrambling all over. Then having the Centari and Narn ships locked into combat as well. It would be neat to see a Babylon 5 Mod where the Vorlons are in the role of the New Orions on the council trying to guide races into order while the Shadows are using agents like Mr. Morden to build up outbreaks of war in the universe. That would be beyond cool.

Comment

The Bab 5 bunch in a mod is a really interesting idea, I know that some folks are still working on trying to get the mod done for Freespace 2 along those lines at a website called The Babylon Project.

Sadly, Farscape was recently cancelled....so the wave of sci-fi crap is only going to get larger.

At least there's still some great games to keep my attention. IF they ever get released!
                        We make war in that we may live in peace.
                        ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by space_kritter
                          I do think'll it will get done (Farscape getting more detailed on other races). It has a large fan base and regardless of the current setback, a movie, novels, and hopefully an eventual season 5+ will come along.

With the sci fi crap that is making it onto TV these days people will eventually get fed up and want good sci fi again. Farscape will be there.
                          Hopefully that will be the case, is there a farscape movie? But when it does come back it should be more publicised(sic?), it was a good show but there was very little advertising for it.

Comment

I definitely would not want to superimpose any other world mods onto the universe of MOO. It has a strength and depth of its own, and all you need--for a mod--is a good imagination to flesh out your own epic.

Give me the Meklars and Nommo any day over the Centauri or Jar Jars.

Comment

Hey I like the look of the MOO3 aliens too. I just like options. If you choose can start up the game with a style of choice that would be awesome.

Maybe someone could make a MOD manager (as many games have come to have)

Example:
                              1. MOO3 universe (default)
                              2. BABYFIED MOD (BABYLON 5 MOD)
                              3. FARSCAPE MOD
                              4. STAR WARS MOD

etc.

Hopefully the best artists/fans of the genre in question will model and insert the appropriate ships and leader pics in.

Comment

While mods are cool but i'd really like to play the original game if it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X