I've been wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been wondering...

I've heard the Kangamoo 'demo' mentioned quite a few times recently, and I'm curious, just what exactly is this 'demo' I know it's an early build of the game, but what I haven't been able to figure out is just what is in it? Is it a complete game (as in the whole thing is there), or is it a limited version that just has a few parts?

I'd greatly appreciate any enlightenment you could give me.

The way I understand it, it was more or less an early alpha, and not a playable demo at all... Meaning that you really could not play it and that nothing worked well, or if it did, it was not complete. Someone in Austraila leaked this alpha, and thus its called Kagamoo. At least, thats my take.

Comment

So it's basically a complete build of the game at a very early state?

Comment

It's an early build, but I would hesitate to call it "complete" ...

Comment

It was to "complete" as a damp sponge is to the Pacific Ocean.
          Last edited by Stormhound; November 30, 2002, 18:59.
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

stormhound hit the nail on the head.

i'll have to remember that metaphor for later use

Comment

Nice to see you again Stormhound. How have you been doing? I hope all is going well for you now.

IIRC the demo just had a few features so people could see how the game looks, but it was not really playable. Just enough to show some features and stuff, but not a playable game.

Davor

Comment

I just recently rejoined the workforce, and things are well again.

And it wasn't a demo, unless you're thinking "demo" stands for "demolition".
                If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Nice to see you again indeed Stormhound. So will you tell us what you think of the game, cuts, changes, balancing and all, for christmas?
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

That would rather depend on whether (a) the game is out for Christmas, and (b) whether I get my free copy before Christmas. The first is not something upon which I can make an informed comment, and the second isn't something I'd bet on since freebie copies are unlikely to be the top priority of the publisher. But hey, they're welcome to surprise me...for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                      I just recently rejoined the workforce, and things are well again.
                      Glad to hear that.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                      X