CIV3: PTW delayed MOO3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV3: PTW delayed MOO3

I think QS saw the fiasco that PTW was with the multiplayer component and decided they wouldn't ship MOO3 unless the MP was solid. That and IG would get a double whammy on itself if it allowed yet another game to be released with buggy multiplayer.

Thats just a little too paranoid.
    "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

I'm just wondering why they even keep giving release dates? Just say it will be ready when it is done.

Comment

Because this isn't 3D Realms...lol...

Comment

LOL, good point.
          Last edited by Bane99; November 22, 2002, 21:05.

Comment

THey could of gotten away with a "it'll be released when its done" thing before they had ever given a firm release date, it'd be awfully hard to go to that now that they have though ;P

In fact, I think Id even cancel my pre-order if they said that But more because im moving on the 15th of Dec, than because id be terribly upset ;P Although, I would be mildly annoyed and probally stop taking anything they say serious if they didn't release by christmas after giving 2 firm release dates. (ie. Take on a well, ill might buy it if/when i see it in a store attitude)

Comment

Originally posted by Gooberman32
              Thats just a little too paranoid.
              Actually it's not. Chantz specifically said they were holding it back another week to fix several late-game multiplayer crash bugs.

Comment

Michaelangelo told Pope Sixtus IV (the POPE) the Sistine Chapel ceiling would be done when it was done. Not trying to relate QS, MOO3 and us to any of the above, but ...

I've been on preoder since Jan 30, 2002. I can wait a while longer if it will produce a game I can save from one session to the next.
                A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

Comment

well he's also holding back due to some nasty save game corruption bug.
                  "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Delaying to fix killer bugs is a good thing imo. Too many games have been spoiled (for me) because my earliest attempts to play it are met with crashes, corruption and other unpleasantnesses that mean they all have to be replayed from scratch. Ok its not quite so bad in a game like MoO where the start point will be different from game to game, but still, better to wait than to have all your paying customers screaming at you.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

True, but we should be way past that point at this late date.

Comment

I don't remember Blizzard Entertainment giving release dates either...and they are known for taking forever to make their games. They have ":will release when they get it right policy". Cool that QS is following the same similar policy...... i think due dates is Infrogrames doing really, which QS learned to find good reasons to push it further.

I got PTW and i haven't bothered trying Multiplayer yet, lol i'll do so once they they have a patch available claiming to fix the multiplayer problems.

-Mellian

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          True, but we should be way past that point at this late date.
                          possible, but sometime fixing one bug creates another one...

-Mellian

Comment

Yes it seems pretty obvious that any killer bugs must have slipped in as part of an attempt to fix other problems.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Mellian
                              I don't remember Blizzard Entertainment giving release dates either...and they are known for taking forever to make their games. They have ":will release when they get it right policy".
                              Actually, it's a standing joke amongst many Blizzard fans that the release date for their games is always "in 3-5 weeks". That's what newbies to the fan-forums who post several "when's the release date" threads each day are told. The vets just sit there and chuckle.
                              Experience has told the fans that no matter how long a Blizzard game has been in production for you can be sure that it is nearly ready.
                              The same thing is happening with the much-awaited new patch for Diablo 2. Blizzard have been saying that it is nearly ready for months and months.
                              The fans don't mind anymore, Bliz have the most fanatical fanboys around and can do no wrong.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X