No announcement yet.

IGN preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, read the unspoiled version of the preview and it seems alright. Not really comemnting about the whole Harvesters thing since I don't know what its all about(haven't been following it really). But its too bad it looks like all this IFP stuff and dumbed down space combat is still in. I loved controlling all of my Empire, I hope there will be an option to do so, with limitations able to be set by the player. As for space combat it seems a lost cause, no more missile boats defeating space monsters..

Edit- Hmm, catching up on things and reading posts here, IFP got dropped it seems. So i'll be able to micromanage to my hearts content, heh. Then i'm all set and can't wait for it to come out, want to see how space combat works out now though. This has alsp prompted me to reinstall MoO2 and play again.
    Last edited by ChaotikVisions; November 23, 2002, 02:52.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I'm deleting my links to Apolyton and others until I see the game in the store. Bye for now.

Comment

Copy

Doesn't anyone have a copy of the first version anywhere? If people are too scared to post here, perhaps email it to me at baronjutter@shaw.ca thanks!

Comment

Well i didnt get to read it, along with most. And, from what i have read, most of the "in the know" people that did read it says it brings up more questions than it answered. Altho Rantz was quite upset (deserved) I really dont think it will take much away from gameplay or surprise, even if you had read the un-edited article.

Comment

Whya re people so afriad to see alittle info? LMAO. I read the review about the harvesters but didnt really give a rats ass because I cant even remember what they said about it besides...........

Im guessing thats why people got mad. Still its just a game and its not like info will spoil the entire game for you lol.

Comment

I'm not wasting any sleep over this either. If Moo3 is what we hope it'll be we'll be playing it for years, and the "Oh! Gosh!" factor about seeing race X first time is pretty darn low on my list of things I want in this game...
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Please don't kill me Rantz

I did not mean to offend you. I just never thought of the info from your perspective.

Now the difference between the unspoiled world and the few that are spolied is that the former think of one question "What are the ...." while we would have to question "How will they behave?, When can you tell? Can you tell at all?

I'd like to appologise to Rantz again for offending him. I never got a game developer answer my comments before. I must have annoyed you

Comment

After reading the un-edited article, yes indeed it did give away a spoiler about the Harvesters. But for me at least, and as others have mentioned, it really intrigued me further. I'm now aching even more to play the game so i can find out all the answers to the questions that the "leak" threw up.

Fair play, it wasn't meant to come out, and i can understand the frustration of all the guys involved with keeping the Harvesters a "secret". However, i do NOT think it was near as damaging as it could have been, as they were pretty vague and didn't go into much detail about game effects. Glad it's edited though, as people who did not read it will hopefully be clawing at the shop doors to get a copy when it's released

Comment

Originally posted by Alex-C
                    Fair play, it wasn't meant to come out, and i can understand the frustration of all the guys involved with keeping the Harvesters a "secret". However, i do NOT think it was near as damaging as it could have been...
                    I have to agree here - the leak could be worse.

As it stands, this "harvester's leak" seems to have generated a huge buzz. Yeah, unfortunate that there was a leak, but it seems that the buzz may result in more publicity, sales, and moolah for Rantz and Co.

I haven't read the spolier - but if I did it wouldn't detract me from buying the game. It doesn't look like it has had that effect on anyone. I still dig "the Empire Strikes Back" even though I know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father.

I would also like to say that this is the first time I know 5 people who are buying this game. My buds - usually pirates and cheap bostords - are buying it.

James is in training now, refreshing his MOO2 skills (he never did manage to beat me).
                    Alex bet* me he would win the first head to head game we play. Even my Elerian girlfriend (who usually scolds me for playing games) is getting a copy.

Empires will fall this Christmas.

*Conditions of Game 1: Winner gets game for free, loser pays for it. Gambling is bad, I know. But only when you lose...

Comment

a

Comment

Personally I think of the Harvesters as Saberhagen's Berserkers. Glad I missed the spoiler that might have changed that.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Anyone has seen a screenshot with the planetary vision of Orion yet??
                          Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by gramians
                            I haven't read the spolier - but if I did it wouldn't detract me from buying the game. It doesn't look like it has had that effect on anyone. I still dig "the Empire Strikes Back" even though I know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father.
                            Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father?! You need to post spoiler warnings with that stuff!

Anyway, could someone private message me whatever the harvester spoiler was? I *want* to be spoiled and cannot find a single post ANYWHERE with the original information despite the fact everyone seems to want to leak it all because two or three heavy handed mods both on the IG forums and here delete the info even when plenty of spoiler warning is given. Thanks.

Comment

I don't have the info but I remember when that thread was posted here. It made it almost a full day before it was ripped.

Comment

Maybe this thread needs to be unstickied. No replies since boxing day. I think the anger has resided

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X