IGN preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN preview

There's a nice preview of the game at IGN.

IT SPOILS SOME SURPRISES OF THE GAME

Link is HERE

Guys at ima-community already feel sorry for spoiling their surprise about harvesters.

Bye, I'll go reading it again.

Edit: typo
    Last edited by yndy; November 22, 2002, 08:31.

I have reached my daily limit for IGN media. Bye for now.

Comment

Yeah theres been ranting and raving about that on IG forums.
      "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

avoid 4th paragraph...
        "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

What a load of hoopla. Can't see why people get so worked up about it.

Comment

Thanks, but I don't want ot know. I like surprises.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

skipped the 4th paragraph

I just skipped the 4th paragraph...

Anyways... that's 2 previews so far and I was hoping that they would be much more hype-generating than they have been. Maybe because moo3 is not meant to be mainstream?

*sigh* I was just hoping that moo3 would be getting previews that said "You MUST buy this game," "you're an idiot if you don't buy it" stuff like you see with WC3 and AOM, etc

Comment

At first I didn't really understood what the spoiler issue was but as the guys at IG forum were so excited I thought you might be too.

Later I saw an edited version of the review here and compared it with the full one to see what's the big thing. I was a little dissapointed. Yes it's cool but saving the info for the day you play the game ... come on. So they did a totally different race. So what ...

Just bring the game people. I read so much about it that I'm getting bored even without actually playing it.

Comment

i'll skip the entire article so that i'll be suprised when i get the game

i'm going to have to avoid the forum for those days between when the game comes out and i finally get ahold of teh game, i don't want to know a single thing about the harvesters before i run into them

Comment

I don't think it's much of a spoiler. Didn't everyone pretty much guess the Harvesters would be like that?

Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is , since every race has to do the same thing. I really wish they had separate quests/victory conditions/abilities for each race (almost like in Medieval:TW)

Comment

Originally posted by yndy
                      I was a little dissapointed. Yes it's cool but saving the info for the day you play the game ... come on. So they did a totally different race. So what ...
                      So what, is that I've spent 3 + years keeping certain parts of the game secret when Marketing would beg for 'exclusives' to hand out to people because i wanted there to be some surprises when you play the game for the first time.

With media proliferation these days, you (as noted in this tread) feel like you've played the entire game before you even open the box. I wanted to have at least a couple of moments of discovery for the first-time player.
                      Rantz Hoseley
                      Art Director
                      Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Thankfully, the article has (finally) been edited, the spoiler information removed.

Of course, I still expect to see some heads roll over this flap....
                        Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

edit by markg: come on guys....
                          Last edited by MarkG; November 22, 2002, 16:02.

Comment

Why the hell would you post that?

edit: reference to above post before MarkG's edit
                            Last edited by Mongoose; November 22, 2002, 20:35.

Comment

Rantz!

Originally posted by Rantz I wanted to have at least a couple of moments of discovery for the first-time player.
                              Don't worry, Rantz!
                              Not many people have read the spoiler, I'm sure.
                              The harvesters remain a mystery.
                              What are the 5 Xs? What will they do? Another big surprise(s).
                              There are the random events too. I heard some of them will be pretty amazing.

And, in the trivial activities, you can notice that every screenshot triggered more questions than it answered.

MOOIII is still a big box of candies.

Now, tell us it's gone GOLD, for God's sake!!!
                              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Working...
                              X