how do I get Moo1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get Moo1?

I played MOO2 a ton many many years ago... but I read about how many people feel MOo1 was better b/c you didn't have micromanagement, the one thing I hated about Moo2 (though i wanna play moo2 again! )

I looked at amazon.. but they didn't have Moo1. Where can I get it?

well, you could start in the moo1/moo2 forum.

but try looking at abandonware sites. and failing that, there is a program called kazaa that is reportedly able to find just about anything on the internet

Comment

www.the-underdogs.org has it:
      You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

Comment

there's a reason i didn't post a link to a site is because the mods and admins here take a hard line on giving links to sites like that.

just do a google search on 'abandonware' and you'll find plenty of sites.

Comment

You will need to have a list of all of the ships to play the game, unless you are an incredible guessor. They post a picture of a ship and require you to get the name right in three tries. Lames like me know it by heart, otherwise go to the Moo1/Mo2 forum for it as I posted them there. Jon Sullivan has it on his site as well.

Comment

There was a thread about the MOO1 ship check some time back... Ah, here it is.

Comment

well now you are all set.

Comment

I tried looking for my copy of the game on the CD wich was free in a computer magazine. That I know I could email you. I have the game on my computer but don't think I can give it to you or can I since they gave the game out already.

Davor

Comment

that's one large email you'll be sending yolky. an app is usualy too big to fit into an email attachment

Comment

If you recall the name of the mag then they can go to its web and request a free copy of the CD, most will send it. Computer Games have Civ1 on its CD recently.

Comment

Nah, MoO isn't very big. Remember it came out on the bad old 5 1/4" diskettes, on about 3 or so IIRC. So that's only a few megabytes' worth of data.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

11.9 MB on my hard drive for MOO1. thats how big it is for me. I don't use a cd since I bought it when it came out with 4 floppy disks.

I believe the magazine is PC gamer since it's the only game magazine I use to buy.

Hope that helps.

Davor

Comment

If it came out on 4 disks, the biggest it could be is about 6 megs in an uninstalled state.

Comment

I have six saved games on in unless somehow I checked it wrong. I am no computer genius. I went to exploerer and my Moo1 folder clicked on properties and it said for folder size 11.9 mb.

I clicked every file in the folder and got 12,125,563 bytes. and that is without my saved files.

Davor

Comment

Remember files can be compressed in various ways or packaged or zipped or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X