No announcement yet.

Moo3 Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the game to have excellent pacing. I want the end game to be as exiciting as the opening. Since this is a long game (10-20 hrs), I don't want to experience long periods of "next turn" while I wait for some key tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
      Vicious circles where, once you turn the wrong way, the situation gets worse all by itself. ('And it went downhill from there.'
      I suggest you look into the Ceasar city building games. Did they ever have vicious circles...
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
        I suggest you look into the Ceasar city building games. Did they ever have vicious circles...
        I guess you could say so, with everybody all the time having to run around in circles...
        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Me and my mate first started playing BOTF together, our games would go over weeks, once we spent 18 hours straight playing, since then we've played heaps of games. We cant wait for Moo3, plenty of late nights, and verbal abuse across roger wilco at each other. Come on hurry up and go GOLD, now im exicited.

Comment

Amen brother
            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

I want to see if I could use the insulting mood of my answers to see if I can &(#*$#& off the galaxy.

Siliciod: Would you like a trade treaty? (Polite)
              Me: Sure, if I can place your butt as my trophy on my wall. (insulting)

Comment

The only way a 10,000 star game of Moo would be fun is if there was 200-500 players And even with that, it'd get old long, long before the game ended. Not to mention you'd never interact directly with 50-70% of the players :P

Personally, I think the 32 player number they've listed for moo3 sounds ideal, especially for the 256 star system (with multiple colonies per system). Although, I imagine, at least 2/3rds of my games will be on much smaller maps in order to keep them reasonably short.

I know on MOO1 I ussually play on medium or large maps with all 5 ais.

On Moo2, its ussually small w/ 5, or medium w/ whatever the max was (its been a few months since ive touched moo2). Occasionally though, I will play on a huge map just for fun, but I rarely finish those all the way through.

Comment

Moo I like small maps with max playere. Huge maps in either are hard to complete, tedious.

Comment

The thing about moo1, is on a less than large map, the higher level propulsion techs (star gates and really fast drives) seem to have alot less significance.

Comment

The shining path

Diplomacy! I look forward to the diplomacy aspects, the Orion Senate, the voting, the many options!

And spying too, I'm not a warmonger at all, prefer to build a large powerful empire, and use diplomacy, and spying to get what I want, it just feels so much cooler than invading, and all that messy stuff

But I guess I'll have to fight some wars too, and I must say, I look forward to seeing how ground combat will be handled, actually I look forward to that even more than space combat
                      "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." -John Keats, from "Ode on a Grecian Urn"

Comment

There are only a few PC games that have completely enveloped me before - MOO, Privateer, Thief, Ultima VII... My dream is that MOO3 will have an atmosphere that will consume me as much as these games (for which I shed a nostalgic tear) did.

Civ III missed this mark by a long shot. It was addictive, but it was a chore. I was able to tell after only a few hours - I can't start a game anymore. X-Tension, Thief II, SMAC - all those come very close. Atmosphere was the only saving grace of Ultima VIII. Everything I see gives me great hope that MOO3 will have what made those other games great.

Comment

The spies, most definitely. To be able to place hundreds of covert agents in hundreds of enemy territories and convert all of them to flaming hulks of confusion, revolution, and chaos while making a little for myself on the side just really appeals to my darker side.

Yes, I confess, I loved the Darlocks in MOO.
                          Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

... hundreds? Um, I don't think that's quite the way it's going to work out...
                            Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Well, maybe not hundreds but I do so love to exaggerate.
                              Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

A little hyperbole is allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X