Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible look of what's coming in the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible look of what's coming in the box?

We have a new moo3 banner running in the ad rotation, "boroughed" from gamespot

could the box be somthing similar?

lets speculate
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I just got the new Dragon magazine and there is a neat 2 page add for MOO3 in it (the last palce I expected to see an ad, but it was a nice surprise) and the add has a galazy of stars and most of the prominent (bright) stars had vs. in between them, like "this star vs. this star"

That is what the red "VS" means in the second pic.

The thing is, the add (which just came in the mail yesterday) has the red MOO3 box with the tilted square windows in it in the lower right corner, below the following text:

The wait is over. Master of Orion 3 has finally landed and it's unlike anything you've ever experienced. 16 Unique alien races vie for domination of the galaxy through diplomacy, deception, or just plain brute force. Are you good enough to rule the galaxy? Find out with the triumphant return of the most challenging strategy game in the universe. www.moo3.com

"THE FIGHT FOR THE GALAXY HAS BEGUN"

The screen shots are two: a diplo screenshot for the Cynoids and the Psilons.

Comment

Box art

I was fairly displeased with the red box, and pretty happy when the decision to change the box art came. I think that it is unlikely that any add campaign they run will incorporate the new box art because of the lengths they have taken to keep it under wraps. I would personally like to see something more akin to the promotional poster without the deplorable postscript. "No plan survives first contact with the enemy!" Mercy They could have stopped it at "contact" and been just fine...actually more than fine...I kind of like it, and the art is...conducive to a game I will know far too little about right up until the moment of Triumph. Any way it goes lets all remember what we learned back in the day..."don't judge a book by its cover"
      We therefore post, that individual attitudes are the poduct of an interaction between two fundamental sets of determinants: (1) the stimuli and reinforcements present in the current environment, and (2) the residue of previous learning experiences, which selectively influence the particular attitude-cues in the current social environment attended to, and accepted or rejected, is of little consequence.

Comment

Constantine H., the game's producer, talked about the box art and its contents last night in this thread on the official Infogrames MOO3 forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedTheFreak

That is what the red "VS" means in the second pic.
          versus
          Like planet versus planet.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

ah thanks Lee
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I Think the Box Art is great, but im bias Red is my favorite colour, another good omen. hehe.

Comment

Well one good thing about red is that I will not have any trouble finding it in my stack of game boxes.

Comment

Working...
                X