Offical Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Updates

Ive noticed there hasnt been an offical update for 2 weeks now, the last one was the 29th of october. I now it is close to GOLD hopefully a few days if there to meet the 26th deadline. IG said they would be doing weekly updates on the progress of the game. I know they are busy with GOLD status approaching but it would be nice just to hear a little bit of news every week, as i checked this site nearly daily. P.S hurry up and go gold, once you do im going to my local EB store and pre-ordering a copy. I cant order befor gold because it still might be a month away and i need to count my pennies this close to christmas. Keep up the good work.

Dont badger them! anyway the developers(mainly Rantz) have been giving updates in one form or another and theres a playtest article up on gamespy. the reason why they havent posted anything new "officialy" is because they are very busy with the game.
    "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Yes i know there very busy, it would just be nice to hear that yes the game will be released on the 26th. The first computer game i ever bought as MOO thats what got me started on computer games. Ive been following this game closely for nearly three years so i am excited that it is nearly here. Once i know its gone GOLD then im going to rush down to my local EB store and pre-order it.

Comment

As the "Kiddies" were chanting "when do we get there" and "I have to go potty" on the IG site, Rantz dropped in this AM to say they were almost there.

Comment

To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Of course Rantz has been saying they are "almost there" ever since they blew off their previous "official" 3Q release date a couple of months ago (which he doggedly insisted they would meet until the last minute). Not to mention the previous delays that happened around May of this year and December of last year (according to the ad on the back of my original Civ3 manual).

"Almost there" is definitely NOT the same thing as a bona-fide "Gone Gold" announcement.
            "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Re: Offical Updates

Originally posted by Master-Mike
              Ive noticed there hasnt been an offical update for 2 weeks now, the last one was the 29th of october. I now it is close to GOLD hopefully a few days if there to meet the 26th deadline. IG said they would be doing weekly updates on the progress of the game. I know they are busy with GOLD status approaching but it would be nice just to hear a little bit of news every week, as i checked this site nearly daily. P.S hurry up and go gold, once you do im going to my local EB store and pre-ordering a copy. I cant order befor gold because it still might be a month away and i need to count my pennies this close to christmas. Keep up the good work.
              QS does not have a fulltime web person. They are busy not only with MOO3, but with other projects too. And maybe infogrames is controlling what they are allowed to release so close to the ship date?

Can't you people who whine for updates give these poor folks a break?

Sheesh.

Comment

I faith In QS and Rantz, they'll get it done, and done right

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave
                  Of course Rantz has been saying they are "almost there" ever since they blew off their previous "official" 3Q release date a couple of months ago (which he doggedly insisted they would meet until the last minute). Not to mention the previous delays that happened around May of this year and December of last year (according to the ad on the back of my original Civ3 manual).

"Almost there" is definitely NOT the same thing as a bona-fide "Gone Gold" announcement.
                  I certainly hope this is not the case. Don't know about you but I was waiting for the release all this year and every delay was like hell for me.

Comment

We should be getting that gone gold announcement from chantz anytime soon(preferably really really soon) i havent been this excited about a game since Peter Molyneaux's Black and White
                    "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Gooberman32
                      We should be getting that gone gold announcement from chantz anytime soon(preferably really really soon) i havent been this excited about a game since Peter Molyneaux's Black and White
                      GAH! Talk about a bad omen! Black and White "hoovered", to borrow the DelphiMOO forum vernacular.

I haven't been this excited since Vice City was due out, and I wasn't disappointed there
                      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Hoovered? please explain

Comment

Hoover is a vaccum cleaner and they suck up dirt. Hence he is saying that Black and White sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                            Hoover is a vaccum cleaner and they suck up dirt. Hence he is saying that Black and White sucked.
                            Precisely.
                            Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

And this substitution was required because the Delphi software censored "suck".

Comment

Working...
                              X