GameSpy November Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameSpy November Preview

Saw this link in the Infogrames forum but didn't see it here...

Very nice!
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." -John Keats, from "Ode on a Grecian Urn"

Yohhoo :=)
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Goodie-goodie-goodie!!!
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Just read it. cleaning up drool now.
        "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

"The game has been in the hands of testers for about a year and the Quicksilver team has had constant feedback and support from a beta community that they couldn't praise enough."

A very compressed year, that.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

HOLY #&(@*#, Rantz, are those little ships in the Guardian battle battlecruisers or something like that? Aside from that, I kinda dissapointed that there isn't some stars in the battle screens. I could use a few pics of the system star and some nearby planets.
            Last edited by Crostoneman; November 12, 2002, 13:33.

Comment

Man I wish I could see some combat video. It seems like there's an awful lot of chaff on the screen, but it could just be explosion bits from ships.
              ----
              "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdimael
                Man I wish I could see some combat video. It seems like there's an awful lot of chaff on the screen, but it could just be explosion bits from ships.
                Judging from what the guy said in the article, I think those little dots are fighters.

I love the "rules" section on the screen with ground troops. Looks like you can set the rule, let your leaders do the work while you focus on more improtant stuff. Great Idea.

Comment

My impression of the "rules" was that it was the restrictions imposed by territorial control / military DEA / tech / etc. on ground force size and composition.

Comment

Fighters!? Sheesh...tiny little buggers, aren't they? Well, that does make sense. Like I said, a video would probably clear that up. Looks good
                    ----
                    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

hmmm....another landmark start game is coming at last, and I'm as optimistic as I was a year ago. Can't wait to see this AI, and if it is at least as smarter than Civ III's, the huge but user-friendly interface, AND an epic musical score matched with animations, that should be a winner. There's room left for that kind of gaming we like so much.
                      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

This was the quote for me...

It kept the game moving along at an enjoyable pace and actually felt like I was running an empire instead of a spreadsheet.

Comment

I like the Authors playing style :=)
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Bumping the thread with linking to the review with up-to-date screenshots
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdimael
                              Fighters!? Sheesh...tiny little buggers, aren't they? Well, that does make sense. Like I said, a video would probably clear that up. Looks good
                              The screenshot was taken while zoomed out. You can zoom in quite close, but then you're not going to get the whole battle picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X