No announcement yet.

Release Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we do know that Rantz likes to tease, and he probably isn't allowed to say anything, so that's two reasons why he's only been saying that they're getting close, etc...

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

What good does it do to not announce "gone gold" to reafirm that everything is on track for the release date?
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It seems to be that the biggest conspiracy theory being contrived here is the one that tries to give credence to the official "release" date being a reality. Not only is there no evidence to support it, they're now even playing with the meaning (a la Clinton): i.e., "release" date means in-store, no, no, wait, it means the product is shipping, er, we mean, it has left QS's hands and will be shipping shortly, well, not exactly, but it should be available very soon.

BTW, can anyone explain to me the possible merits of hiding or delaying a "gone gold" announcement? It would seem that any company in their right mind would want to get the official word out there as soon as possible in order to generate 'buzz'. Let's face it--the vast majority of their market has no idea what "gone gold" actually means and for the ones who do know and do care the delay in announcing is having a negative effect.

Nature abhors a vacuum. And so does the marketplace. (The floor is now open for all Hoover-type jokes.)

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
          Okay, I'll bite.

What good does it do to not announce "gone gold" to reafirm that everything is on track for the release date?
          Looks like I was thinking what you were writing. Darn my slow capacitors!

Comment

Okay, at least I no longer feel like you were ignoring me and restating the obvious.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
              Okay, at least I no longer feel like you were ignoring me and restating the obvious.
              Nope. Just slow. Wait until you get ahold of me in a multi-player game! Boy, are you going to have some fun then!

Comment

, can anyone explain to me the possible merits of hiding or delaying a "gone gold" announcement?
                I can only think of one reason to delay announcing it if it has in fact gone gold. At least that makes sense to me. If it went gold late, but not too late to completely rule out the target date. (ie) it didn't go gold on the 1st like they had hoped, but say it went gold on the 7th (made up #'s, I know little about how long it takes to replicate cds)

Then they may want to hold off on the "gone gold" announcement, until they get word back from the factory that yes they are going to make the release date or no they are not. Afterall, how many gold announcements have you seen that don't give a firm street date. And it'd be very embaressing if they did announce it went gold, it'll be out on the 26th, only to have to recant that and say it slipped a week because they didnt give the manufactoring side enough time

So thats my guess, they aren't willing to give a "gold" announcement without a firm 100% locked in street date, and with the gold to street time so small in this case, they probally can't do that until they have some percentage of the replication process completed.

Comment

So the bottom line is that the absence of a gone gold announcement is showing that the product will more than likely ship late.

The end result is that I will not be playing this game on the 26th

Which I guess is par for the course since I wasn't playing in the spring or fall of this year either.

I also remember a last minute push out of those dates as well.

Comment

Posted here!

Update from Chantz
                    Hi Folks,

Yes, it's been a while, just wanted to give you a quick update.

*The release date for MOO3 has been moved back to 12/4.*

*We're probably going to go gold this Friday or sooner* - i'll make an announcement here when it does.

You'll see EB and the like retool their dates over the next few days.

I know some of you are going to be upset, but understand, we want to release a thoroughly enjoyable, bug free Single Player AND Multiplayer gaming experience. Right now, we have a couple of late game crash bugs in MP that *have* been nailed; we just need some more time to test.

Most of our external testers feel that the game can ship as it stands now. However, we care about all the MP players out there (and there are a lot of you), so we're doing it right. This make all of us (QSI, our internal testers and external testers) very happy.

Be thankful that we are NOT rushing this out the door So hang tight and be cool...we're almost done!

Best,
                    Constantine
                    The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper.
                    - Aristotle

Comment

Surprise, surprise.

Comment

Maybe this one is real.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Maybe this one is real.
                          Well, eventually one of them has to be real. I'd certainly prefer it to be this one rather than the next one, or the one after that, or...

Comment

Well i was right again aother delay. I thought there was a few late minute bugs as that is the only real reason a company would delay a GOLD anonucement not some marketing strategy that just doesnt make economic sense. Oh well maybe its time i went to the store and bought another game, to pass the time until moo3.

Comment

The great Johnny Carson looks into the crystal ball and predicts... 12/11 as the true release date

Trust me

It'll take them at least a week to iron out the bugs that they will inadvertently create when they try to destroy the bugs that are already present

It's a rule of programming- in trying to eliminate bugs- you will create new ones

...But at least the game will be bug-free... hopefully...if the release date is pushed back!
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Not bug free, but maybe bug reduced. Darkcloud, I hope Karnak is not early.

Comment

Working...
                                X