Release Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moo!

Guess no one knows anything about the European release date, or if there will be a world wide release on the same date?

It's okay, I've been waiting for quite awhile can wait some more if it means less bugs.

It certainly does seem like they have been given enough time to sort everything out, the whole Civ III debacle has left me a bit... nervous about anything published by Infogrames.

Anyway, all the people I know (and myself, of course), are very excited about the game, and can't wait to get it! *crosses fingers for expansion pack*
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." -John Keats, from "Ode on a Grecian Urn"

Comment

Release date in Australia is set for 6th of December if the 26th deadline is meet in the US. Thats from EB and they normaly get the game straight away.

Comment

So... what has replaced influence points?
        ...Or do I need to read further?

Star general, do not see that mentioned too often.
        Don't you remember it... a SSI offering, during the age of Fantasy General and the massive overload of Warhammer games ---> Somehow, I prefered Sierra's Space Bucks game to Star General... I hope that MOO III is closer in scope to Space Bucks than Star General!

...I'm still looking forward to this game
        Actually, this game is the one reason I upgraded my computer!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I remember it and have it installed on my XP system right now.

Comment

...I'm surprised it runs on XP- so many good games don't- Command and Conquer for example...
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I no longer have C&C prior to Red Alert2, but I have many old games working fine on XP. MoM, Moo, Ascendancy, Alien Legacy, Pax Imperium 2. The windows version (gold) should work.

Comment

My local Computer store just rang me half hour ago and confirmed that MOO3 will be relased here in Austrelia on the 29th of November. I asked if that was from the Australian publisher and not the US and they said yes. Thats when it will be distrubted in Australia. Not bad only 3 days after the US, which is normal for games here in Australia.

Comment

I just went and pre-ordered my copy of MOO3, and the store told me they spoke to there supplier this morning personaly. He told him he would have it in stock befor the 29th so as he could sell it on the 29th, which is the confirmed release date, according to the supplier. He also told him he believed he could not sell it befor the 29th because it was a world wide release date. Which means being in Australia, Melbourne we will be some of the first to play it as where nearly one day ahead of the US and Half a day in front of Europe, only those devils in New Zeland beat us. Anyway I guess this all depends on them going GOLD very soon, like friday th 15th all at the very latest monday the 18th.

Comment

Cool. I do not know exactly how much lead time Infogrames needs as it varies from one publisher to another, but I would think 10 days would be the least number and 14 days the norm.

Comment

Yesterday I checked one of the few Romanian sites and was amazed to see: "available now, shipment in three days". I mean, watch the relevant sites every day and all of them are wrong?
                      Sent a mail to complain about misleading the potential customers, especially as in the latest sold list it was the second latest.
                      Checked in person at the store and they said "it must be a mistake, the preliminary date in mid December".
                      The price they quoted was also cool $30. I think that was a mistake too.

Comment

Stores will tell you anything you need them to check with the suppliers of Moo3 for your country while your there then you will get an accurate answer. Thats how i got mine, and for many other games and there normaly accurrate to with-in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Mike
                          Release date in Australia is set for 6th of December if the 26th deadline is meet in the US. Thats from EB and they normaly get the game straight away.
                          The New Zealand date is set for 29/11/02 according to at least 3 sources but since the Australian date seems to be more reliable I think 6/12 seems more likely however it's possible they may be doing a world-wide release. We can but hope. But check out this coming soon column.
                          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Seems like it will slip to December now.

Comment

well its not looking good

Comment

I just hope it doesn't slip to 2003.

Comment

Working...
                                X